Fantastic Frontier Development Update 2/28/2022

Hi everyone. I know you all have been patiently awaiting news on the next big Fantastic Frontier update, so I’m here to share the latest details.

As I mentioned briefly on Twitter last week, development had unfortunately slowed down a bit, and we weren’t getting as much done as we would have liked. Gorba and I had been pushing ourselves very hard, to try to get as much work done as fast as we could, but at a certain point found ourselves burnt out and crumbling under the pressure of getting things done in time for our already once-delayed release estimate. We struggled with finding a balance between hard work and personal well-being.

In regards to the release date, I want to first sincerely apologize that the estimates we provided so far have ended up being inaccurate. While at the time they felt realistic, if a bit hopeful, the truth is this update is so large that the amount of work left to do, even now, is hard to quantify to an exact degree. We should have known this back then, and took a harder look at the exact details of what would be required to finish the update in such a time. We decided to give our best guess estimate instead - this was irresponsible and foolish. I completely understand those of you who are disappointed, upset, or feel lied to. If it were me waiting for a game to release that I highly anticipated, only to have it pushed back time and time again with little communication, I would also feel, at minimum, disappointed and a bit upset. I truly wish we would have been more conservative back then with our release estimates, or that we would have waited a bit longer in the first place to give a more appropriate timeframe, but we made a mistake and we will learn from it in the future.

So - with that said - in the interest of being completely honest, we currently do not feel a March release date is very realistic. The truth is, we do not know exactly how long it will take. I do know, however, that we are getting very close. We’ve already completed a massive amount of work, and the amount we have left to do is quite small in comparison, but when you have an update this big there are always things that come up unexpectedly, both in development and outside of it, that cause delays.

This community has always shown us support, maybe even a bit more than we deserve at times, and we are very thankful for that. So, I would once again like to apologize on behalf of both myself and Gorba for the disappointment we have caused. I promise you all that we do not take any of this lightly, and that providing the high-quality, fantastic update that was promised is still our highest priority, and we will follow through on that - even if it takes a bit longer than expected.

We will continue to work our hardest, and when the next time comes that we provide a release date - I promise it will be accurate, and we will not let you down again.

Thank you,
Spectrabox

105 Likes