Farm Life | Showcases & Teasers

If you’ve seen my previous thread keeping you in the loop of a personal project of mine, hello again! Farm Life (if you weren’t already aware of its name) is a stylised farming simulator, with a strong sandbox focus. It has slowly grown, from new people joining the Discord and keeping up-to-date, to a new addition to the team, responsible for all the cool looking assets and animations you’ll gaze upon in game.

It seemed fitting that I make a dedicated, more organised thread pertaining to showcases, small teasers of what’s coming, etc. but less frequent than that of our Discord channel, which you can join here: PyEeFJU8NY

You can also check out my Twitter @turboscare!

I welcome all kinds of criticism and encourage suggestions of your own to help shape this game into something unique, fun and immersive.

Since my last post, I have started to take another stab at the UI, this time making it feel more alive:

24 Likes

The UI looks great and totally really good

I don’t have anything bad to say unless if I don’t get the game link now :smirk:

1 Like

Some of the best UI animations I’ve seen. I could totally see this becoming a popular farm game.

2 Likes

Looks awesome, a tad bit slow in my opinion, but otherwise fabulous!

I assume you made the UI and if so, what are your tips on making UI with such a neat and wonderfully executed theme, being the paper theme you’ve done.

2 Likes

I’m a truly terrible mentor, so as far as tips are concerned, I’m at a loss. I can tell you why I think this UI has the kind of character it does though.

Everything is flat, there are rarely any textures (apart from the repeating backgrounds for items). Some things pop more than others because of a slight bit of light, or shadow. But, I don’t use a crumbling texture overlay to make it look like paper. I add details, that make it look like it’s been ripped from a spiral-bound notebook. I add imperfections.

The right shape, necessary details and appropriate colour was all I needed to achieve the desirable affect, and alas, you and I both see it as paper!

2 Likes

I agree it could be faster, the UI animations are very nice.

1 Like

The animations for the Market have been slightly sped up. (:

I’ve begun working on walls (each one will have a gated variant that can be interacted with to open and close). Additionally, I’m going to create a small build context menu, that will allow you to move, rotate or sell (for now).

And, here’s a small WIP of the hotbar (using placeholder icons for now).

You can join the Discord to follow our development journey: PyEeFJU8NY

1 Like

This looks really cool, but why is it so familiar? Oh I remember now…

3 Likes

This new particular UI does indeed draw a lot of inspiration from Animal Crossing (absolutely beautiful UI). :eyes:

1 Like

nice ui, make sure to capitalize all sections, change animation easing style (way too linear or bouncy or whatever rn), and also maybe blur background when entering ui? and maybe add more things to the clipboard/notepad in the bottom right

i really like the hotbar animations, but it looks like it isn’t centered. also i can see some weird stuff happening with the fences placing and the schematic of the fence object…

1 Like

i love it! i am a developer myself, i would ask if i could help but i am way to busy… but are you looking for any testers? i can bring constructive criticism, and I am very good at finding bugs. have a good day!

1 Like

I did notice the UI looks a little to the right of the character instead of right in the middle.

1 Like

Thank you! We should hopefully be able to get around to a small soft-launch soon. You can keep up-to-date on this schedule on Discord: PyEeFJU8NY

Will fix this!

Here’s a mock-up of the Farm Discovery interface:

1 Like

Absolute amazing! Love the UI, love the game icon! Keep it up!

1 Like

Disclaimier: If you’d like to follow our development journey more closely, you can hop on our Discord: PyEeFJU8NY

I wanted to make a chat system that remained consistent with the rest of the interface, and so here’s my attempt:

1 Like

YESSSSSSS!!! I’ve been following this for sooooo long, super excited for it’s release!!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

1 Like

Very nice UI, It looks very professional! Also by the way, how did you get this good at scripting/UI Design in 3 months?

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve been on Roblox since 2009, and got into game development circa 2014/15. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That makes sense. Good luck with the game, and maybe I’ll even see it on the front page soon! :smile:

2 Likes

The animated ui is amazing! How did you get it to do that?

1 Like