Fast flags are being used as cheats

No. It doesn’t. What it does is making adding fastflags easier and the presets in Bloxstrap is graphics only or the Roblox’s esc menu

1 Like

I’m using FastFlags to correct a Roblox bug. Because of some Roblox bug I can’t set own graphics settings and it’s stuck on automatic which sucks, so I use an FFlag to force Roblox to use level 21 at all times.

1 Like

(a favor to keep these mentioned flags, please don’t make me go mad because of one certain thing)

I’ve seen it way too much…

Well might be correct to keep some fast flags, but here’s what i use:

My presets (These 2 flags makes the character move weird, and i like it perfectly and it’s very funny too):
“DFIntReplicatorAnimationTrackLimitPerAnimator”
“DFIntMaxActiveAnimationTracks”

Bloxstrap Presets (can be seen by clicking show preset flags):
“FLogNetwork”
“DFIntTaskSchedulerTargetFps”
“FFlagEnableInGameMenuChromeABTest3”
“FFlagEnableV3MenuABTest3”
“FFlagEnableMenuControlsABTest”
“FFlagEnableInGameMenuModernization”
“FFlagEnableInGameMenuControls”
“DFIntCanHideGuiGroupId”
“FFlagFixGraphicsQuality”
“FFlagHandleAltEnterFullscreenManually”
“DFFlagTextureQualityOverrideEnabled”
“DFIntTextureQualityOverride”
“FFlagEnableInGameMenuChrome”
“FIntFullscreenTitleBarTriggerDelayMillis”
“FFlagDisableNewIGMinDUA”
“FFlagDebugGraphicsPreferD3D11FL10”
“FIntDebugForceMSAASamples”
“FFlagDisablePostFx”
“FIntTerrainArraySliceSize”
“FIntRenderShadowIntensity”

So these are my favorite fast flags that could be kept on forever (because i won’t handle it on 1 frame per second)

We’re saying the same thing in different ways. The plan is an allowlist, ideally with flags we can expose as actual settings in the future, which doesn’t require the cat and mouse game. What people were suggesting is denylisting abusive flags, which isn’t sustainable.

6 Likes

I don’t think this is the best place to share that.

Well that’s not even my problem, I did not invent fast flags

I’m trying to say that it’s best to share this with one of the admins to try and get it fixed instead of posting it here where people who like to abuse fflags can see it.

Hey this is unrelated but, would every single fast flag that exists be restricted from use in the official client? Or would it be that only certain fast flags are restricted?

I have plenty reason why I think not everything should be restricted.

• Graphics API changes
  • Test out some experimental features in production
  • Force Lighting technology (although this is just preference, it’s a neat thing to have.)

Wouldn’t it be better if only networking/physics related flags would be restricted?

1 Like

I mainly use "FFlagEnableInGameMenuChrome": "True" because all of my friends except me have this available without the flag change and I prefer this version of the menu due to the voice chat bubble not being on screen all the time and the large popout for it taking too much space for smaller windows. I hope this becomes defaulted on (at least for me alongside my friends) soon.

3 Likes

Then I’m trying to say that it’s issue on Roblox’s end that they cannot prevent it, their anti cheat can be easily avoided. Those flags were already shared to public anyway.

sorry if this is not the correct comment to reply to, but are fflags like FFlagDebugDisableTelemetry[…] going to be allowed or not? or stuff like FFlagAdServiceEnabled too?

1 Like

Only specific flags will be allowed, and likely no new ones.

2 Likes

Roblox has quite a few bizarre settings enabled by default that make games unplayable that were intentionally made like that. For example, Roblox has a texture downscale system designed to make like the iPad 4 not crash when it was still supported. That system, for unknown reasons, got enabled on computer and now theres a 50/50 when you join a game on some systems without setting fastflags all textures get downscaled to 16x16

3 Likes

I wonder can you still use all fast flags in Studio?

Wouldn’t someone with a god tier pc use the FPS FastFlag

Smart!

I also remember messing with FastFlags it was fun but all good things must come to an end but atleast you can still use them in Studio!

No need for it due to the built-in fps unlocker, which still sucks because it’s capped to 240 and bottomed at 60 instead of 30, you also can’t change the cap yourself so the fps fflag is for if you need those specific values

Cool, do you plan to preserve the ability to choose rendering engines? Swapping to vulkan has improved my fps and reduced delay noticeably.

1 Like

Literally all they have to do to fully remove fflags is add advanced settings

View/Render Distance
-Shadows
-Reflections
-Texture Quality
-Post FX
-Particles
-Preferred Lighting Technology
-Preferred Rendering Engine
-Msaa
-SSAO
-UICONTROLS!!!(CTRL+SHIFT+)

And pretty much anything seen here.
2da4a407bd8edf5b3a7f33367694d7904b7f92a5

Bring back ZFeatureHarmony…

6 Likes

I like that whole idea, but here’s this one thing:

Bloxstrap in general would break if Fast Flags were locked out completely

(people who use bloxstrap, including me would have to uninstall bloxstrap unless a hotfix would be introduced)
So it's kind of a 50/50 if it FFlags should be locked down or not.
1 Like

No it wouldn’t? Why’s that? There’s much more to it than just flags.

3 Likes

I know this may be not the best place to ask, but could you tell me how to fix this issue? It happens to me and my friends (You can dm me or reply here)