Faster way to delete textures on bricks?

Hi, I was wondering if there was a fast way to delete textures within parts quickly? I built a place with textured blocks, and I think that is causing some lag. To reduce it I want to remove them all, but it will be very time consuming to manually remove all the textures.
textureswithinpart
Thanks!

1 Like

Right click Part > Select Children > Press Delete Key

Script way (Delete all textures on parts in Workspace)

for _, object in ipairs(workspace:GetDescendants()) do
  if object:IsA("Texture") then
    object:Destroy()
  end
end
7 Likes

You can do shift from the first texture and hold shift click the last texture and click backspace well that is from me

1 Like

If you are dealing with multiple parts which have textures in them and want to delete them, search the explorer for “Texture” for the class-name and then shift click all the textures or items you want to remove.

1 Like

You could write a piece of code to put in the command line, something like this.

local parts = game.Workspace:GetChildren() for i,part in pairs(parts) do local textures = part:GetChildren() for i,texture in pairs(textures) do if texture.ClassName == "Texture" then texture:Destroy() end end end
1 Like

Also if I’m wrong please correct me thanks…

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, I’ll see how they work

1 Like

Unfortunately when I lookup “Texture” in the searchbox it doesn’t just show the textures, it also shows the parts they’re within, so if I shift click to select all then delete the brick will be deleted as well.

2 Likes

Ahh sorry if I delete you brick because I ever do that for a shortcut

1 Like