Favicon for DevForum is broken on iOS

The favicon for the DevForum doesn’t seem to be working as intended. Prior to 2024/3/17, the roblox create logo would display as the favicon. However, now a seemingly placeholder icon displays in it’s place.

This occurs on iOS 17.3.1

This looks to be working fine on my end. Let us know if you find out more specific repro steps.

Here’s some more info if this helps:
The problem still persists after clearing cache and browser data
It appears on all pages under the DevForum base page
Simply visiting the page shows the weird favicon
When saving the website to the homescreen, the correct icon is used
On a iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 16.3.1, the favicon is completely different:

This leads me to think maybe Safari is mixing up favicons somehow? However, this doesn’t occur for any other websites that I know of.

Tell me if you need any more information!

Looks like Safari doesn’t properly support SVG favicons. I’ll see what we can do about it but this is not high priority to fix from our point of view.

I think it’s not iOS. Check this out
IMG_0663
They noticed it was a Roblox website and accidentally set it to that

I don’t see any different symptom from the posts above. The WiFi symbol is from status.roblox.com and the XM icon is from our surveys subdomain. It’s the same issue.

If you have additional technical details (e.g. different browser it occurs on than Safari) please be very specific in that when responding to bug reports.

I just uploaded the favicon of Creator Hub (create.roblox.com) on the forum for now. It should be .ICO format instead of .SVG now. Can you hard refresh (and potentially need to cache bust, check your browser manual for instructions) and see if the issue is resolved for you? @0Tenth

It seems to be using the correct icon now, thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.