Favoriting the game for free in-game item

Is it still against Roblox TOS to have players favorite your game in order for a free item in game?
For example, player favorites the game and gets a free weapon.

I’ve been looking and past articles are saying it’s against TOS.

5 Likes

Yes i believe that it’s against the TOS, you can’t give rewards to player for favouriting or liking your game. You can only give rewards when they join your group (I’m not 100% sure, correct me if im wrong)

4 Likes

Can’t really find anything about this but many top earning games on Roblox have like goals and favorite goals to promote more likes and favorites. They promise a reward at the end I think it only violates TOS standards when the reward is not granted. (Might be wrong but Roblox hasn’t flat out ban this “problem”)

2 Likes

I couldn’t find anywhere on the current guidelines where they’d point this out.

3 Likes

But they do not reward a single player for favouriting their game, they only make a goal. For example “New update at 10K likes”

2 Likes

Like I said before I think it only violates the TOS when the rewards aren’t granted. If this wasn’t the case there would be massive clickbait on the front page when it comes to this particular issue.

1 Like

Do not create promotions offering prizes of any sort (including contests, raffles, lotteries, chain letters or any kind of giveaway). It is okay to offer players promo codes for in-game items only so long as they are not in exchange for something (e.g., in exchange for a thumb up on your game).

1 Like

Then it violates TOS standards I told you I wasn’t 100% sure about the TOS rule. Anyways if that’s the case many games are breaking the TOS if they’re going by that quotation. However sometimes Roblox TOS is “foggy” at certain areas.

1 Like

How are they breaking the TOS?

1 Like

You can give rewards to all of your player (without checking if they liked the game or not) if your game reaches a certain amount of likes. You cannot give rewards to individual players if they liked the game

1 Like

Like I said that statement can be interpreted in many different ways.

1 Like

You’ll be surprised on how many games do that and how many UGC hat bait games there are (well used to be idk abt now).

1 Like

I have seen some simulators that do this so I am not sure but i wouldn’t do it rather be safe than sorry

I have just looked through the entire TOS with key words as “promot” and “favo” and favorite for an item isn’t mentioned anywhere I could see.

Though, if you’re still unsure, I would advice you to write to the ROBLOX support and ask them. If you’re told good from them and banned, you can use the email as evidence you were told yes.