FBX Dinosaur Model Sliding Issue

Hey everyone,

I’ve been looking for a solution to a persistent issue I’m facing, but I haven’t had any luck finding a fix.

I’ve got an FBX dinosaur model in my game that to chases the player. I’ve been using the MoveTo() humanoid function to make this happen. However, the dinosaur seems to keep sliding along the floor instead of stopping abruptly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make the dinosaur stop sliding? I want it to halt abruptly instead of sliding a little bit.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Synthesizing:

I’ve noticed that the dinosaur in my game seems to have an acceleration in its movement, which is causing some unintended buggy behavior. What I’m aiming for is for the dinosaur to directly change its velocity instead of incorporating acceleration into its movement.

1 Like

Im not to sure since Im not able to view the structure for the model, but i can try guessing, here are some possibilities for the issue

• the rig’s root part isn’t set to massless
  • the custom physical properties are not set properly
  • or the hip height is to far into the ground

checking these usually fixes any issue i have with custom rigs, hope this fixes your issue.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help! I’ve checked these things, but the dinosaur still slides…

The dinosaur’s model is made of bones. It’s my first time working with a model formed by bones. Do you think something could be wrong with the bones?

Here’s the explorer:

Screenshot 2023-12-17 154319

The humanoid:

And the humanoid root part:

Thank you for your help!

So this can be due to the fact that the scale of the mesh model affects some properties in it. To fix this all you need to do is take out everything but the humanoid and regroup it. Then just add the humanoid back in

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.