[DEPRECATED] FE Gun kit Viewmodel Physics - New structure

THIS VERSION IS OUTDATED AND HAS BEEN REPLACED BY FE WEAPON KIT, IT IS RECOMMENDED TO USE THE NEWER FROM THE ORIGINAL ONES RATHER THAN MINE.

For better perfomance, do not use this in a multiplayer game and structure has since been changed so this is no longer the case.

i haven’t seen anyone creating a new tutorial on new version that i uploaded to Roblox, so i created this post incase no one wants to make it.

This is a notice to you guys because recently there was a huge changes to the gun kit itself, i don’t see many people using the latest version so i decided to make this post :innocent:

there’s also legacy version which is now discontinued so people who wants to mod it can mess it up with this. Link to the old version

AIMPOINTS

AimPoint is a part of Viewmodel attached to the viewmodel, it’s a Target part triggered by Aiming and tweens the current camera to AimPoint

Changes

AimPoint is now a group! it will use a number instead of actual name so Besure to have a Group model Named “AimPoints” otherwise it doesn’t know where the group is.

This is because AltFire feature is there, we have to name it as a number

Handle for Both Viewmodel and tool

No need to explain about this but it’s a part that every tool needs, Contains Attachment and sounds Object that you can change.

Changes

Don’t panic! Sounds are now stored in Attachment, Simply you can Expand it and boom you’re good to go.

Also attachments name are changed and Smoke trails applied, They will have a number behind for example (GunMuzzlePoint > GunMuzzlePoint1) so make sure to include the numbers behind too.

This also applies to Viewmodel’s Handle

Settings

Settings are where you can edit stats for the gun you have, it contains Options to edit stats like Animations, Damage, Crosshair etc.

Changes

Settings are now split into 2 Pieces of module, The main setting is On top but if you tried to expand. you can see 2 of them (ignore the “2”)
unknown(20)

May seems confusing but Stats are now moved to “1” Settings now contains AltFire and CustomGrip [feature originally implemented by @Headstackk]

EDIT: FE Gun kit Viewmodel Physics is now superseded by FE Gun kit Viewmodel 2, I’m now closing the legacy version so instead of Making a new topic, I just want to say they are now stored in ReplicatedStorage > Modules > WeaponSettings > Gun so before reporting this as a bug please check this.

Particles

Particles are emitted when Gun is fired or Bullets hit something else etc. Can be replaced but needs “EmitCount” to make particles emit

Changes

Particles are moved to ReplicatedStorage for safety reasons, it is now inside a Folder named “GunVisualEffects” there is also a folder called “Common” just to reduce time on duplicating.

If you are making a separate folder effect, it’s a must to Disable CommonVisualFolder in settings but You have to make sure a Particles folder is matched to the tool’s name

Projectiles

Projectiles are ammunition that uses another type with special effects, They are stored in Projectiles folder.

Changes

Projectiles are now separated with Bullet folder, trying to use Bullet can be changed only by changing None to “Normal” in BulletType and Projectiles to “None”

it’s required to make Hitscan enabled on if you want to make bullets hitting instantly, This will improve Perfomance but bullets still appears to move slower. results in disabling some features (BulletSpeed does not affect Bullet beams)

EDIT: FE Gun kit Viewmodel Physics is now superseded by FE Gun kit Viewmodel 2, I’m now closing the legacy version so instead of Making a new topic, This has been changed for the new version so you’ll no longer need to change it to none.

That’s all i have to give you some new ways in creating FPS Game with this kit, Hope you enjoy using it! Let me know what features you’re confusing with

23 Likes

Mind providing a video of the model?

3 Likes

It’s not necessarily needed since FE Gun kit Viewmodel is widely used! you can watch one of these showcase here

5 Likes

Hi there, it’s been 2 months since this topic was created but tutorial was instead created by me since i’ve seen most people using the old version because it’s easily modable for old version, here’s the link of it.

Quality has been reduced since OBS compressed it

4 Likes

Hey, i loved using your kit! however i have one issue…the fire sounds and muzzle don’t replicate to the server and only the shooter can hear them which makes it really unfair for others :slightly_frowning_face: is there anyways to solve this?

1 Like

How do I use the new FE Gun Kit? The settings script disappeared, and I don’t know how to add animations now.

1 Like

It’s already mentioned in this post

1 Like

I have a Question, When I create an inspect animation, why does it play only once? Im trying to find the issue, but for some reason I cant play it again.

2 Likes

Uhh for some reason the collisions on the viewmodel don’t work for me even though cancollide is off for everything…

1 Like

If HumanoidRootPart is unanchored, make sure it’s enabled

1 Like

Hey! i was wondering if you can make walk animation id?

1 Like

While this is not aimed to be parkour style, FE Gun kit Viewmodel doesn’t include that in the kit, Viewmodel uses spring for swaying instead of custom animation.

1 Like

How do I make it so I can Aim when im in third person?

1 Like

If you already have your camera system then you need to change the CameraType in GunClient find for LockFirstPerson and Replace them all with Classic

and for detecting camera distance, find the Magnitude <= 1 it’s at line 1358 and 1373 and change the magnitude numbers to higher like 50 or 100, This allows the gun to be aimed in third person if camera is close to the distance.

2 Likes

doesn’t work, the gun does not aim nor play an aiming animation

1 Like

Why I using it and make certain guns piercing wall but it only 0.2 studs, but it glitch throw the wall very thick, it long 5m, how I can fixing this?

1 Like

OK how can I make it so that when I sprint the gun cant shoot and maybe even play an animation

I’ll let this one guide you through.

2 Likes

[Old Version Non-viewmodel FE Gun Kit] https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/9532197485/Old-Version-Nonviewmodel-FE-Gun-Kit this?

1 Like

It didnt work but i already found one called snalez fe gun kit

2 Likes