Feedback + Changelog For Pong Arcade

Hello,

Now that my arcade has a variety of different machines, I am looking for ways to improve the arcade that don’t necessarily add major features. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve my game? I’m mainly focused on the machine models, which are of significant importance, and the design of the building itself, which I feel can be improved even though I’m not certain what the specific issues are. Feedback about any aspect of the game, however, is greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to the game: Pong Arcade.

A few images:

40 Likes

This game is really cool. I don’t really have any other feedback, but your game looks awesome.

11 Likes

Update
I added some games to the arcade: Soccer and Tanks 1V1 (soccer has some lag issues).
Next to the arcade is 8-Player Pong and 8-Player Tanks.
Made some improvements to the already existing games, such as that Breakout now has “?” blocks which give players random effects.
Badges that are earned by accomplishing certain tasks or talking to NPCs.
The “Throw Money at People” gamepass.
More morphs in Morphs R Us.
Players can right-click on locations in the teleport menu to set the spawn location.

13 Likes

pretty much what mystical said the game is really cool i would just try and fix the lag a little for soccor

8 Likes

Update
Added a tour for players who joined for the first time.
Added a small quest (and corresponding badge), where a player must find the potato head and return it to Potato Cloud Land.
Added a badge for getting one prize from each crane game.
Removed some of the easier badges to make room for better ones (for getting the bowl head and the burger head).
Slightly improved the performance of the 8-player tanks game.

13 Likes

Update
I added a blocky UFO vehicle with an alien morph inside the cabin. This will eventually be a game pass, but I will make it available for now if anyone wants to test it for bugs and improvements (it seemed stable when I tested it).
I also removed the day/night cycle because it seems unnecessary, and placing lights everywhere makes the world more cluttered.

6 Likes

my feedback would be to have higher roofs, display their coins, maybe a leaderboard, and a way to earn more tokens (such as working or buying w/ robux or both)

As for gameplay, I’m going to best honest. Its well made however the games in the arcade arent really that fun to play. There needs to be more risk, and more reward. For example in poker you can go all in, increase how much everyone is betting, pay the current bet amount, or the give up.

The risk is that you can lose everything you bet (high risk) but the reward is earning what everyone bet (high reward.) Now with that, lets look at some of your arcade games.

Its very well made however all it feels like I am doing is spending a single token and playing with no reward or risk. I think it would be more exciting if I could like bet an amount with the promise of doubling my money if winning but losing everything if losing. I also would like to say again that I think you should display their tokens somewhere.

Another thing I would like the say is that I dont feel like I am earning the coins for anything. I cant spend the coins on anything except for the games themselves. I feel like it would be more exciting if you could like unlock new games, customize a house or something, or buy cosmetic items. Just anything that can be purchased would make the game more retainable and replayable.

And Lastly, If you are interested in adding more gameapasses to your game or perhaps imrpoving the ones you currently have, you should use a plugin which automatically scripts the gamepasses for you. With the plugin, you can make gamepassses such as “2x coins” or dev products such as “purchase 100 coins.” for currencies, it automatically detects currenciies in your game by searching the content of your scripts for when it sees you defining a currency. It then tracks the name of that currency and lets you hook it up to the 2x coins gamepass or multiple coins dev product. There are many more gamepasses you can make with the plugin as well such as tool gamepasses, buy to teleport dev products, speed multipliers, and much more!

If you are interested in using this plugin here it is: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/14026187764

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback,

In this version of the game the tokens are infinite because I was worried about stopping players who just wanted to play the game. I understand that having risk and reward would be more fun for many players, so I will try to find a way to balance the two - maybe by having some free games, or only earning tokens if tokens are spent.

5 Likes

Like I said you could have ways to earn tokens without playing such as working at a job or getting daily rewards or something. Also I strongly suggest using the Easy Pass Creator plugin!

4 Likes

have you tried easy pass creator? its extremely underrated

4 Likes

Update and Future Plans
The players now spends tokens in machines instead of having infinite tokens. Most games cost 4 tokens, except the claw machines which cost 2 tokens. The number of tokens is displayed in the corner of the screen.

The machines can give tokens to players. There are two types of games (excluding the claw machines): two player and one player. The two player games are timed matches, with the winning player earning all the tokens that went in. If there is a draw, the tokens are put into the jackpot, so the next winner earns even more. The one player games earn tokens based on the scores, so a higher score earns more tokens. I will eventually add a jackpot to these games, for players who get very high scores.

There is also a daily reward; the players earn 12 tokens each day. To encourage exploration, this can be increased by finding badges throughout the world. There is no other way to earn tokens yet, but I will add one. I also have not added products and passes for tokens; this will be added when the tokens feature is better implemented (and bug tested).

There is nothing else to spend tokens on yet (except earning prizes from claw machines), but I have some ideas for the future, including: classic arcade prizes, buying new vehicles, and buying bricks and a plot of land to build on.

4 Likes

Update

I added a building called the Vehicle Shack where players can use tokens to buy vehicles. I also added a shop GUI. So far it is only used in the Arcade and Vehicle Shack, but it will allow me to easily add more shops in the future.

I modified the token payouts and added a jackpot feature to the single-player games. The jackpot will increase as a game gets played more, and (hopefully) give a large payout when a player gets a high enough score.

I removed the tutorial for now, until the game is developed further. Also, the UFO is now a gamepass that can be purchased.

3 Likes

You should dont mix red brick wall with white color text on it, for me it “eats” my eyes and difficult to read

4 Likes

I just removed the giant wall of text, as there are better ways for me to convey that info (I will add a tutorial at some point). I also increased the stroke thickness on the titles to provide further contrast with the brick walls.

4 Likes

Update
For players who lost all their tokens, there is now a place to work: the Chezburger Factory. It is located in Potato Cloud Land, and you can teleport to it using the “TP” button in the topbar. There are three jobs for players to earn tokens: killing the cows, making the cows into burgers, and putting the burgers in boxes to ship them. The big boss in the factory explains each job to the players. My goal for this is for players to be able to earn tokens when they run out, but I want the payouts to be slow enough that playing games in the arcade is still relevant.

3 Likes

Update
I started implementing a building feature where players can use their tokens to buy bricks to build stuff on a plot of land. You can teleport to your plot of land in the “TP” menu. To start building, go to your sign and activate the prompt. The build should save automatically when you leave the game. To get bricks you need to talk to the Brick Depot salesman, located here (I will move him to a better spot in the future):

For testing purposes, the shop will give you unlimited bricks for free. I know that this feature is very unfinished and buggy, but if anyone wants to let me know if it is going in the right direction, that would be appreciated.

I also added products so players can now purchase tokens with robux.

3 Likes

Update
All the players’ tokens are now displayed in the leaderboard.

The building system is more complete. Players can: add new parts, move parts, paint parts, and delete parts. The tools are much less buggy, and players are prevented from escaping while building. Vehicles and other players are also blocked from entering the building area. To stop building, you can interact with the sign again. I also added support for models so later I can add furniture for players to use.

I started building Brick Depot where players will buy bricks, near the end of the bridge. There are only a few options, but I can add more very easily. I don’t know what the best prices and quantities are, so the current ones are just guesses.

These features are still in development, so please let me know if there are any major bugs.

2 Likes

I fixed some bugs and added a tutorial that appears for first-time players. The tutorial explains some important places so the users have a better idea of what to do. Brick Depot is also more developed, with more bricks and furniture to buy.

1 Like

I tried sponsoring the game, and got these results:

Players would usually not stay in the game for longer than one minute, and were not even leaving the spawn area, but I found a bug that locked all mobile players (but not computer players) in the tutorial. I will advertise again tomorrow without the bug, as this is a likely reason for the short playtime. If anyone has feedback on the game that would be appreciated. More specifically, I am wondering if the games in the arcade are too easy or hard to earn tokens from.

1 Like

In response to feedback, I added more signs pointing to important areas, and instructions that appear when the player does certain actions.

I also added an EXP bar that increases when the player earns tokens. When players earn enough tokens from games or working at the factory, the multiplier moves to the next level so it becomes easier to earn more. For now, the amount of EXP needed to level up operates by the equation: exp=10+(level X 10), and the multiplier operates by the equation: mult=1+(level X 0.25), where the level starts at 0. This may need to be re-balanced through further testing. Note that the EXP bar gets added by the raw tokens earned, and is unaffected by the token multiplier.

1 Like