Feedback - Clothes

Hello! I’ve started to make clothes, and I made my first one. It’s a purple plaid shirt with a black shirt. I would like some feedback!

Purple Plaid

Above is the purple plaid shirt.

This is the template (white scribble for water mark)

2 Likes

Hmm looks cool and I like the color. Nice shading also!

1 Like

Thanks for your input! Unfortunately, I have no sells; do you have any tips to grow your group? Knowing that your a clothes designer also

It looks really good! Did you do the shading yourself or find a template online?
If you found it online, I’d suggest developing your own shading techniques since using templates is generally frowned upon and won’t necessarily help you in the long run. If you made it yourself it’s very nicely done!!

1 Like

I used a template from online from shaders. I’ll keep using the template until I can do good shaders; do you know any shading techniques or tips that I can learn? Thank you for your feedback! :happy3:

1 Like

Ah! I wasn’t aware the creator made their shading public domain, as they stated, a lot of templates found online are stolen. I still encourage learning to shade on your own, but what you’re doing is definitely a lot better than what I had assumed, carry on.

For starters, a lot of people make the mistake of shading with black & white when they should be using shades and tints of their base color to create a more realistic/natural look. Definitely experiment with smudge/blur brushes etc to find your style and watch speed designs to get visual ideas of what other designers are doing as well.

1 Like

Okay so to make it simple it’ll be:

1. Shade with tints of the base color (shirt or pants)
  2. Try many different brushes, and experiment with blur
  3. Quick designs to experiment with step 2

Made a blue one aswell!

Pretty much, yes! Although, I think you’re confusing some of the terminology.
Shades (hue color + black) and tints (hue color + white) are descriptors for different versions of a color (helpful to know if you’re interested in art, if not I suppose it doesn’t really matter).
Speed designs are basically sped-up screen recordings of a designer’s process as they’re making the clothing, so watching these videos can help you get a sense of your own process and how it may look for you. You can find some on YouTube.
Some people starting out they might imitate (not copy!) another designer’s shading techniques or a mixture of what they’ve seen to help that process and widen their skill set.

1 Like

Ah! Okay, I got confused on the terminology. I’ve checked out the link, and I see that their speed designs are phenomenal. Thanks for the clarification! A bit off-topic, do you know how to grow a clothing group?

1 Like

Glad I could help!
For starting a group definitely pick a good (easy to remember, easy to read, matches the aesthetic of your clothes/you/your brand) name and have a good icon, for the icon you can hire a gfx artist or brainstorm your own, but a gfx artist could definitely give your icon some extra bling/personality.
If you have social media you can share your work & group there, and even here as well
Ranks/Giveaways can help members stay motivated to buy your clothing
QOTDs can help with member participation too

In the end though, it honestly just takes a lot of time and grit unless you’re really really lucky. Any progress is still progress though so stay motivated!

1 Like

What category would this specify in? Thanks for the tips, and feedback you gave me!

1 Like

Probably just creations feedback, I’ve seen group related posts in platform usage support but that seems inappropriate imo

1 Like

These clothes look good! Nice job on them!

Sorry for the late response, I’m not really active on devforum anymore. But, regarding your question:

• Post clothing on your group frequently and engage with your group members often.
  • Use social media like YouTube, Instagram, etc to showcase your designs.
  • Interact with your members, host events and always ask for feedback to improve further.
  • Try to partner with other groups.
  • Have a good reputation and brand image. Have a good group title and logo that represents your group well.
  • You could keep limited time offers on your clothing or limited time seasonal clothing (like Christmas clothes that remain until the end of Christmas).

Finally, enjoy what you do and don’t put too much pressure on yourself!