Free shirt shadows and shading

These are free shadow templates for Roblox clothing. They can be used to apply shading to roblox shirts.
Pants coming soon?

Frequently, users will use Google images to find shadow templates to put over some artwork to make a quick Roblox shirt, but these templates found on Google Images are almost always stolen. When outside companies commission artists for clothing items, they also often end up with this same problem, which is not acceptable.

I am making these public domain to try to help with this problem. Making these public domain means these images can be used for any purpose without potential legal issues.

Please use these instead of using Google images, and please share these with all of your friends.

If you’re looking for a shading style or some detail that isn’t covered here, please let me know. :slight_smile:

How To Use

• You should save these files to your computer and open them in your image editing software. You can import them as a new layer, or open them separately and paste them into a new layer (keeping transparency).

• Free software suitable for working on clothing include Paint.NET and GIMP, but I work with Photoshop.
  • These are designed to be on their own layer above your artwork layer.

• Recommended opacity and blending modes are given beside each style in this thread, but of course you can do whatever you want.

• You can mix and match shading between different templates if there are certain areas you dislike.

License

To the extent possible under law, I, PeZsmistic have waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to these clothing shadow templates (the Work). Roblox retains all rights they may have for the source template (the Source) from which the Work was derived.

All users of the Work are thus subject to the same rights and rules of Roblox that they would be subject to had they produced the Work themselves as a derivative of the Source. All derivatives of the Work are then also subject to the same such rights and rules of Roblox.

I am not liable for, responsible for, or to be involved in any manner with any legal or petty dispute involving the Work or its derivatives. The Work may be freely used for any purpose. You do not need to ask for permission to use it or give me any credit (although it is appreciated).

This Work is published from Canada.

Templates

Painted style

Recommendation: Use with “Soft Light” blending mode at 50% opacity.

Blouse 1

Examples

Blouse 2

Examples

Shirt 1

Examples

Shirt 2

Examples

Shirt 3

Examples

Template

Examples

This is the brush used for painting this template. It is used with pen pressure controlling opacity and size, with randomized rotation.
Brush

Flat style

Recommendation: Use with “Soft Light” blending mode at 40% opacity.

Shirt 1

Examples

Shirt 2

Examples

Shirt 3

Examples

Made with the help of:

237 Likes

great resource for clothing designers, i love how smooth these look!

10 Likes

This is amazing to use! They are great and effective for clothing designers to use! Keep on the great work :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really like the shadows, I’ll definitely use them the next time I’m making a shirt.

5 Likes

I really appreciate this resource!! There aren’t many high quality templates like this available. Definitely will help me and many others out, and inspire people to start clothing design.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing this!

2 Likes

These shades are really beautiful I will be using them when making clothes.

1 Like

Yo cheers dude. If I use these in any clothing I’ll be sure to credit you.
:+1:

5 Likes

For some reason it’s too small to fit the clothes…

2 Likes

You’re likely using the wrong clothing template, or downloading the files incorrectly.

3 Likes

How would I download the files correctly?

1 Like

Click on them and choose download underneath the expanded image. If that doesn’t work, then you’ll have to define what “Too small” means because these are the correct size.

4 Likes

is there also template for pants?

i find that using the arms shading is sufficient

There hasn’t been demand for it yet but maybe it’s worth looking at soon

I need a pants template for some uniforms, which unfortunately it looks like you don’t have yet. However, these shirt templates were really helpful! So thanks.

Would these not work the same with pants? Maybe the shading looks off, but if it works for sleeves it seems like it would work with pants.

I am on vacation currently but i will set a reminder for myself to look into some pant templates.

ahhh thank you!! i needed this!!