[FEEDBACK] Critism on my build (unfinished)

build1

Can people leave criticism on this build please would be appreciated!

6 Likes

Try adding more detail to the walls, They look kinda plain.

Noted down and taken into consideration thank you!

1 Like

The build itself looks pretty good although I wouldn’t recommend using neon as windows in this type of build style. Usually you use neon windows/doors in low poly builds but this doesn’t really look like that.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking that too I’ll remove it when I’ve finished up the other models.

1 Like

Awesome build! However, I would recommend adding a torch / lantern to the wall. This might create a more intimate aesthetic, but as I said it’s a great build!

Hopefully this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

The exterior looks pretty good. Maybe flip the wood grain on some of the walls so it makes a little more sense, like here:
You could try making the roof a little more interesting, since it’s just made out of 2 parts right now. Adding layers to it would make it a bit cooler, maybe make it pointed at the end instead of flat.

The interior looks alright but it’s a bit too open. Maybe add more shelves or cupboards to fill in the space, instead of having a big open area. The fireplace could use a bit of detail around it, and maybe add a chimney on top of the house, considering that the smoke needs to go somewhere.

I can tell you’re basing this off the houses from World of Warcraft - I love that game. I’ve tried in the past to make some buildings from it. Good luck with improving on it and on future builds!

4 Likes

Thank you it is appreciated, I will hopefully have time to add this in the near future!

1 Like

Thanks for the criticism, I have only just noticed that I didn’t add a chimney lol.

It isn’t exactly finished yet I am just rushing to get builds finished, you are right about the inspiration I am working on a game with a few of my friends based on WoW once again thanks once I’m finished on my current build I will add shelves etc!

1 Like

So far things look great. I think if you were to add more details it would look a lot better than it already does. For example, the roof is pretty bland, I think if you were to add tiles on the roof it would look more put together. You could add a chimney coming out of the roof as well since there appears to be a fireplace inside of the building. As for the inside of the build, adding exposed beams on the ceiling would make the ceiling feel less bland and more detailed. Overall the build has a lot of potential just needs a few small improvements! I hope I helped and best of luck w/ your future build/s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why is the second floor bigger than the first? Maybe try making them the same size.
Also try adding more stuff on the walls to give it a less of a plain look.
Since your going for like a cabin kind of look (I think) try adding some torches to the outside walls.

Other than that, awesome build!

1 Like

I like the idea of using yellow neon for the outside. Can you add more detail and maybe change the BrickColor of the roof? It looks a bit unrealistic if that’s your goal.

1 Like

Thank you, I would have to agree with you on the roof I’m defiantly going to change some things up there.
As for the chimney as I said previously I plan on adding that kinda started to rush as I had other models to finish, The roof beams are a great idea and I’m for sure going to add it.
Once again thanks for the honest criticism!

I am not sure if the neon is going to stay not many people like it, as I’ve said previously I plan on changing the roof entirely.
Thanks for the feedback!

In my overall opinion I think it looks great! I can’t wait to see the finished product!

This topic is a bit older, but if your still working on this maybe consider raising the roof just a bit and adding support beams in the middle of the interior and supports that line the roof. I see a lot of builds that have a consistent quality all around but when it comes to the interior of the roof it just seems very flat and in turn makes the whole build quality feel somewhat inconsistent. Hope this helps!

Edit: Also if you want to add just a bit more to the exterior, you could add some roof tiling here and there to give it some more texture

I like it. I think it could be a little bit lighter tho.

Thank you for the advice, I am currently re-working this model as we speak!

Thank you I have done a few minor re-works though like adding support beams on the interior and removed the neon!

This looks really good, however, the things I suggest putting on your build is more furniture. I only see some furniture. Also, it looks like you copy and paste a lot of design in the exterior to the sides. Try adding more textures in the wall instead of using a lot of wood. Otherwise, this is pretty good! I am probably only saying these things because you wanted feedback but this is really good. These are just the little things that I think could be better. Keep up the good work I liked this work a lot! :grin: