[FEEDBACK] First Low Poly Build

I don’t build a lot and mainly focus on scripting and GFX but here is a simple low poly shop I just made. Please be honest and give suggestions on what could make it better.

V1

V3

7 Likes

Hi there! I’m Paul, I really appreciate your first Low Poly Build. I see your building is based off a shop which I can personally say you did a great job in designing it.
Though I would want to suggest the building should be a little bit wider, also because the building represents a shop, place a sign or ad, then also add some “open” sign on the window door. It’s really recommendable since your building looks like a shop.
Also, make the building have a little bit brick texture to make it more better because most shops have a brick texture for a building.
In all, I really appreciate your work and this is so much recommendable to be placed in a cartoonish city game also this types of builds will be really appreciated by the children because the colors looks so lively and the structure looks friendly.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! I was going to place a character of me and a circle where they can step in and a shop GUI would open but I could still add that sign so people know it’s the shop.

1 Like

I really like your build! If I were you I would make the window and the doors a different colour and make a real door.

1 Like

Nice! I would like to say though that the door is too high, and the decals don’t blend very well but, It’s your first and there’s room for improvement!:yum:

1 Like

Hello! First of all, for a first try on Low Poly Build, it looks amazing! I really love how you added that low poly reflection on the windows, not much to say good job!

1 Like
  • Try detailing it more, add edges to everything, add more decorations such as a store sign.
  • Adjust the lines on the windows and doors so they are blended, otherwise get rid of them.
  • Create some sort of roof, try not to make the entire building straight blocks.
1 Like

Your building isn’t bad considering this is your first one I genuinely like it. However, I have a few suggestions for you:

I would recommend you expand on the detail try adding some shop signs such as outside signs, plants, posters, etc. Add details. For starters, you can give your door some handles because it looks rather simple experiment with colors. The yellow on the building doesn’t look good in my opinion you could try adding details to the roof such as vents. Maybe change the yellow to a dark red or brown color, however that is just a suggestion you could add.

The awning looks quite small in my opinion you could try making the building more larger or extend the awning a bit more. Try to add some plants by the build just to give it a bit more decoration or possibly add some window plants and some posters on the windows, since you’re making a shop. Overall I don’t have much to say you could try giving it a different shape instead of it looking like a block.

Overall, it looks pretty nice since this is your first low poly creation!

2 Likes

Very nice! I like the detailing withe the windows makes it look like there is actually a glare hitting off on it.

1 Like