Feedback for a Simulator Map

Hey,
I’m a pretty new builder/modeler and I got hired for a simulator game, and I just finished the map.
If there are any suggestions, I would LOVE to hear them as I love learning from other builders.

It’s using the low poly style which I’ve barely ever done before.

Thanks!

The game link is : SIM IN PROGRESS - Roblox

Please consider joining the group as the game will be out very soon!

19 Likes

It looks great, especially if you’ve not been doing low-poly before, since it’s low-poly there’s also not really anything i can add up as tips xd

3 Likes

Thank you, don’t worry about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

The build itself looks already good the only thing I have an issue with is the trees you should try giving the trunks better shape or possibly different leave sizes such as rotating, sizing, and scaling it overall feels nice, but creating at least variety of trees will go a long way however this isn’t a big of a problem:

I’m loving the placements of everything but I’m pretty sure this will be added soon but we’ll there be things like secret areas, things like that I would recommend throwing shops, or things that players could buy useful items from.

I’m not sure what simulator game you’re going for but I’m sure this is already planned out at the moment there isn’t much to go on, you can add just about anything, it’s all up to you maybe throw in an arena that players to practice however depending on what your game is about I won’t go into detail do you mind clarifying?

At the start it looks good since I’m assuming it’s still in development.

2 Likes

It’s just a simulator but it’s more of a remake of the classic RPG games you would get but with R15, mocap and better looking models/areas! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great! A couple suggestions:

• Make the leaves of the tree bigger (or add more)
  • Fill up the empty space
  • (maybe) add some height differences

This looks like a good simulator already! The map looks a bit like what would be found in a RPG

2 Likes

By looking at the theme of this simulator I can say that the map fits very well with the theme of the simulator. It looks overall good for the theme.

For a first timer in building and modeling you have done fantastic, I would like for you to keep working hard and striving on your time, I think you have lots of potential to do great! If I had to add a few suggestions it would be;

• Add some grass to make it seem more decorated
  • Foliage such as more trees, bushes, etc.

Happy Building!
stickza

1 Like

Thank you so much!
Will definitely take this on board!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
Will definitely do some of this!

1 Like

As a low-poly developer, and original tool developer I think it overall looks nice! I like how the colors blend together very well, and it’s a decent sized map. My only suggestions is that you should add low-poly shards of grass peeking through the flat land here and there, or maybe some little pebbles! Astronomical job!

1 Like

Thank you so so much! I’m glad you enjoy it! I will definitely add some finer details tomorrow :slight_smile:

i really love the background of the map! i would just mainly mess around with the trunks they just look a bit off but besides that I really love it!

1 Like

For a beginner, your models and builds are pretty good. Good job!

1 Like

Looks amazing for being a beginner yourself ! Great work! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looks really good! Only thing I have to suggest is turning down the BlurEffect. I think it’ll look better with sharper edges, but that’s just my two cents. It looks like mobs are going to spawn in the open areas, so if you want, you could fill it up with foliage that has cancollide false if you want extra details.

1 Like

I really like that, not sure if there’s even anything to improve! Good luck with the game.

1 Like

Looks really good nice Simulator Map

1 Like

It is looking really good. But I would recommend filling empty spaces. Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It looks super cool! I would recommend changing sizes of objects more and filling flat areas with mountains rocks grass etc. overall super unique and amazing work