Feedback for an Arsenal Map submission

Me and my other friends are currently working on a map submission for Arsenal and we would appreciate some feedback!

32 Likes

Are the players able to go into the buildings?

6 Likes

So this is a great one! good job, I canā€™t wait to see it in the actual game!

6 Likes

All around good map it looks like it was meant as a quick play map that the match lasts less amount of time. It looks like it had some time put in to it good job!

7 Likes

Omg! That looks perfect. I wish you good luck. I hope it is approved! Also there should be a little more lighting.

6 Likes

Remind of hightower from tf2 Itā€™s so cool! Canā€™t wait to see it in-game!

6 Likes

It really fits the style of Arsenal. This looks great, nice job!

5 Likes

I feel like itā€™s too open for arsenal. I would think having one high point in the center of the map is also a bad idea.

I would probably add some medium height places, nothing too high so you can shoot from the ground up easier, and plenty more cover in the open spaces.

Iā€™d also add some more ā€œtunnelsā€ or pathways around obstacles to the opposite side of the map. Nothing super obscure where no one will take the path, but not an open space where there isnā€™t a path at all.

Take sandtown for example. There are a bunch of different ways to get to one part of the map ( obscured from view ), instead of just walking across a giant open field.

12 Likes

Great map! I think it matches the style of Arsenal. Add a small easter egg or two because I think it just gives more a feel to the map. Also, just out of curiosity, have you thought of a name for the map? A few suggestions if you havenā€™t:

• Site
  • Construction Site

Great map! Hope to see it in the actual game. Good luck - I hope ROLVe Community accepts the submission!

5 Likes

I like the map design but itā€™s a little too open for the Rolveā€™s game. Maybe add some designs to prevent from spawn camping.

Overall, I do like it.

4 Likes

Looks good but you can add more detail (the buildings look quite blocky, especially the windows) you can add a fake ad or a billboard to do with arsenal. Iā€™ve barely played arsenal but is it not smaller maps? It appears you should fix the lighting too.

4 Likes

I think it looks pretty good!
Hereā€™s my only suggestions:

• I recommend making the colors a little brighter, just so it doesnā€™t look as dark

• Maybe add more detail to building and ect, like @Luxorz said.

But other than that, it looks great! :smile:

7 Likes

Honestly, Iā€™d want to see this in the game, not that it would be my favorite map. all it needs is some details and I think it is ready.
(Being decent at arsenal I think this would be great!)

should I @ DevRolve? :joy:

5 Likes

This map would be awesome for 1v1ing patycup1234 (an Arsenal camper) in VIP servers!

4 Likes

I like it! However the green field does look empty and bland. Try adding terrain to it so there will be more competition. The windows also look too bulged-out from the buildings. Hope youā€™ll get in!

4 Likes

Just checking by terrain you mean terrain as in parts right? arsenal doesnā€™t do terrain in maps. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yes, youā€™re correct. I was referring to something like this:
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 2.34.56 PM
Its one of the maps in Arsenal called Hillside.

5 Likes

Possibly add more props? It feels empty to me. When comparing to an arsenal map, it just feels empty. Iā€™m talking about the area around the tall tower.
Oh yeah, more changes in elevation. Going into that open area is suicide considering the lack of cover which could turn the game into a camping frenzy.

6 Likes

No, I havenā€™t thought of a name yet. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

I think itā€™s great!

Being an Arsenal fan, I like their style of builds and the amount of ā€˜coverā€™ it provides. One suggestion would be to fill empty spaces outside with other objects, such as huts, workbenches etcā€¦

2 Likes