Feedback for early stages

I’m thinking of making a dungeon crawler where you can get a party of up to four to complete dungeons. You aren’t timed and you stay as long the player would like, but the longer they stay the harder the dungeon becomes. and if the players all perish before escaping they lose all the exp and drops they got on the way. So i just wanted feedback on the early stages and wanted to know if this even seems like a game people would play before i get too deep.

1 Like

The game seems interesting, although a bit empty, I understand that its still on early stages of development, but I would like you to give you some guidance.

You mentioned that the players could stay as long as they wanted, but why would they do so? Is there any reward? Quest? or final boss?

Think on rewarding the player, if they choose to stay longer, maybe reward them with more exp or loot if they kill enemies, this should motivate players to stay even longer.

Remember that nowadays our attention span is very short, so think about making changes visually to the scenario so the players don’t get bored or feel that the game is repetitive, for example: change lighting, sounds/ambiance, enemies, etc.

The idea overall seems interesting, now you need to find a way to convey that idea to the players.

1 Like

This is great advice thank you. I am planning on making bosses, but increasing the rewards the longer they stay is a great idea.

2 Likes