Feedback For Game Ideas

1. What do you want to achieve? I want feedback for my game ideas.

2. What is the issue? We weren’t sure if these ideas are suitable for tower defense games.

3. What solutions have you thought of so far? Nothing

So me and my friends have been working on a game called ‘Universal Defense‘ for the last year. I have a huge list of ideas that I’m not sure will fit to the tower defense genre, and I need feedback for some of these ideas so here we go:

• Player driven economy
  • Extremely hard enemies
  • No events that has limited items or skins
  • Marketing on social media platforms (TikTok, Youtube, etc.)
  • No marketing in Roblox
  • Marketing using creators in social media platforms
  • Cheap game passes

This is what I have to say about some of these points. I hope you find some useful opinions here :).

Player driven economy

Do you mean letting players sell things for a price of their choosing, thus letting items’ values set and fluctuate naturally? That is a quite uncommon but interesting concept, that would for sure be something I’d like to try out.
However you need to be extra careful when it comes to duping glitches and similar bugs/exploits as this kind of economy will likely be more fragile.

Extremely hard enemies

Some games are indeed built on being very difficult and it’s definitely a thing that will attract some. But keep in mind that many (probably the majority of) players might just get frustrated.
I’d say you should also have easier options for beginners and non-tryhard players.

No events that has limited items or skins

Marketing on social media platforms (TikTok, Youtube, etc.)
Marketing using creators in social media platforms
No marketing in Roblox

Marketing on social media is always a good thing. You should see how that works out for your game. Marketing on Roblox is not always needed, especially if you find a creator who really likes your idea and is willing to collaborate.

Cheap game passes

I guess why not. But don’t undervalue perks/buffs that help a lot. Also keep in mind that some people would be willing to pay a lot for a gamepass, so you might be losing out. But this would be a good way to keep it more balanced, because not only whales will have the gamepass perks.

Thank you for the feedback, Exarpo!

Our solution to this might be to introduce these enemies in the midgame and endgame. We would make time for players to learn the mechanics of the game as they progress into the midgame so that they’re ready. Though we weren’t sure whether this would make the game easier or harder.

Yes, but we are considering adding this feature if the game has atleast 1k players. Because doing it when the game is dead would be useless.

1 Like