Feedback for my first build and suggestions for whole project

Hello everyone, this is my first ever post here in the forum, thought id like to share my 1 month into Roblox studio/Blender from scratch, yes I am still a beginner

This was my first every build around 30th May this year, where everything started for me, got some feed back in different platform and friends and here I am, seeing my self grow compare to my first build into this

This is overall view and how big it is for my first project on studio, and I would like to have some feedback and ideas overall, they’re not really done as you can see the shaping isnt finale, but I will make sure every island will have the same amount of detail as I did for the first and 2nd ones. When everything is done this could possible turn into full game? I have no knowledge about scripting or whatsoever, GUI is still my next step after completing this entire build. Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

41 Likes

Extremely good for one month. I even struggle with buildings after a year of blender. You can turn this into a full game but it’ll be hard, you could find a scripter in recruitment saying “you script for me I’ll build for you” . Good job

3 Likes

Wha- You are definitely NOT a beginner, that is amazing.

5 Likes

Extremely good for a beginner. You should try getting some jobs at bigger groups or make some type of game with that building style. I recommend making a hangout game, something like ‘Eg’ or a Simulator game. I love all of them and can’t wait to see more of your future work!

2 Likes

One month and you did this?? You are so talented. Keep up the work!

5 Likes

That is amazing, no way you are a beginner.

Looks wonderful, been using blender for 6 months and I can’t always get it looking that good.

1 Like

“Beginner”.

I have seen many developers in my time as a developer, and no builders that are a beginner or even above average can do something like that… I’m a interface designer, not a builder, so I don’t really see anything wrong with it but I am sure other builders will find the tiniest thing to complain about. Regardless, this is a really nice build and I wish the best of luck to you because your going to make a lot of money if this is genuinely your first build.

3 Likes

Thanks! I always thought that 1 month into studio is still count as beginner, and yes this is my first build :slight_smile:

1 Like

The time isn’t what matters to me, its the talent to be honest. If I grabbed my Head Developer and asked him to tell me how long you’ve been building based on a guess he’d say 2-3 years.

So I hope that is sort of a encouragement statement!
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

With that sort of work, and it seems considering how new you are to it, in such a short time frame is amazing really.

I think the next step is getting your name out there, maybe working with lesser known scripters, or start-up dev teams, and take a percentage of funds from the games to make up for your work, as then you can help the games feel professional, growing the game and the group, and getting paid whilst doing that, and getting your name out there.

This then gives the opportunity of moving to greater projects, obviously you dont have to stop working for other groups or games you are on, but, you can always take a smaller cut, in exchange for less work.

If you’ve only been building for a month, this is incredible. You have a bright and robux-filled future ahead of you.

2 Likes

WOW. This is really cool. I am a beginner builder and I WISH I could build like this. It’s like the normal low-poly style, but I don’t know what’s different, but somehow, it’s better.

1 Like

Very good!
The lighting matches.
The house is good.
And you did very well. :grin: :grin:
Keep up! :smile:

That’s my current plan! But I feel like I need more experience before that of course, and I’m not sure how to calculate the payment, I do not want to be underpaid either, any suggestions?

I will be sure to try it out to fill up my portfolio in the future :slight_smile: thank you for the suggestions

You got the link to the game ready yet? I just want to play it and see what it is like ingame. :smiley:

I want to make sure my builds are safe and not stolen, I don’t want to make it to public yet;c Sorry!

Are you even a beginner?

Because, WOW. This is on another level especially for a beginner. Awesome stuff dude. Even after 2-3 years of developing, I can’t make something on this level of building. You have potential!

Thank you! I tend to learn more and more in the future, good luck to you as well :^)