Feedback for my Low-Poly Tree?

Hello everyone, I’m Ice! I’m a developer from the UK and I love working with low-poly.

I really want some feed back for this build I created in just under 5 minutes.
I am experienced mostly with normal building with ROBLOX studio, using parts to create structures.

I stepped further on this one so I want your feedback on this!

How is it and what can I change, I’m accepting opinions and suggestions. Thanks! ;D

11 Likes

Looks pretty good, I know the leaves design was probably intentional, but I think the positioning looks a little awkward

3 Likes

Leaf rotations look random. This is how to do it.

Make the leaves go in one rotational direction. You should be able to draw a diagonal line through it and see the curvature

/

2 Likes

Fix the sudden light color at the bottom of the tree. It looks like a texture error.

4 Likes

no im ice >:C
just kidding, great tree though. it just looks like a bunch of low poly cones stacked on top of each other as there is no leaves inside the cones. also if the leaves are crooked why not the tree trunk?

texture mapping error be like:Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 5.02.27 PM
helo

5 Likes

In general I think it looks pretty good, but I personally don’t like the stump of the tree. It feels unnatural for me.

1 Like

maybe dont make it rotated and it will be good

1 Like

I really liked the idea of having the rotation be different for each leaf, it’s awkward but that’s how it is in real life so good job!

3 Likes

I think it’d look better if the gradient didn’t end as light as it is.

1 Like

Oh jesus! I just realised the sudden light gradient at the bottom haha.

I’ll get to fixing that soon!

I’M ICE AND ONLY ICE NOT YOU!!!

:((

2 Likes

Also made a mushroom to make up for the terrible gradient.

1 Like

Fixed the tree UV mapping editor glitch. Sorry I didn’t do it right D;

1 Like

Its kinda hurt to see if the leaves were too tilted, tilt it lil bit and it will be noice i think

2 Likes

The “cones” are empty on the inside, fix that. Also, done rotate them so randomly. Have them all be rotated in one direction whether that represents a straight line or curve.

1 Like

I feel like if you made the edges a bit jagged but still smooth, it could look nice and maybe make the actual cones a bit thicker as shown in this poorly drawn tree: image

1 Like

I would make it all rotate to the same side