Feedback for ROLTA

Feedback would be liked, and if you are feeling grateful today, here are some questions you could answer:

1. Did you like the game?
  2. What would you change about it?
  3. How many players do you think could get on the game (with good funding)
  4. Do you think anything should be removed/added?
2 Likes

Thereā€™s a gap at the top of the UI.

Whereā€™s the soccer ball?

Super easy to glitch the ball out of the court.

2 Likes

Itā€™s right here, you mustā€™ve moved the ball somewhere.

That is for the training arena, havenā€™t added a lot of protection there. Thanks for the bug issue.

Hey man! Iā€™ll leave some small things you can work on since I didnā€™t have too much time to test it!

First of all you might want to work on ball Physics since its just glues in your character.

Second: Not really a fan of the team names

Third: The character image is just out of place and looks a bit funky. Might want to make it that it only shows a zoomed in face.
Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 18.35.58

1 Like

The game functions well, and itā€™s definitely one of the more impressive ones Iā€™ve come across browsing this forum so props to you!

I do like the game, though I was a bit sad there was no one else to play with.

The biggest change that I highly recommend you make is to change the kicking so it only kicks when the player left-clicks, because otherwise I was kicking the ball each time I right-clicked despite only trying to move my camera. Iā€™d write down the alternative event names to prevent this from happening, but I donā€™t know what method was used to program the kicking.

Also yeah the ball sticking to the player is a bit weird. Iā€™m assuming you probably welded the ball to the player? Maybe have a fake ball as part of the player by default, then animate the ball as part of the playerā€™s movements, and only make it visible while they have the ball. Then when kicking, the real ball is made visible and the fake animated ball returns to being invisible.

Thatā€™s just a goofy solution off the top of my head. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s plenty of easier or better options.