[FEEDBACK] Game Icon #3

Hello guys! Today I’m here with an icon HEAVILY inspired in astrollect’s blade throwing simulator icon. What do you guys think about posing? lighting? scenario? Tell me in the comments! Thanks you so much!!

7 Likes

I don’t know about you, but the background being tilted and the character not seems a bit… weird? And the shirt is low resolution compared to the glasses too. For some reason the bottom left knife is more in-focus than the rest? And the pose is kind of awkward too, is he stepping up? It also is a bit muted, with mostly neutrals and yellow (and blue). Anyways that’s just what I thought of-

1 Like

It looks awkward, with him being tilted at a position that does not make sense, and the glowing effect coming from him making the background look very weird, no offense but try working on keeping resolution the same throughout the photo and also, where are shadows?

1 Like

There is something called knife simulator already, I don’t understand how a game like this will be any better, Looking forward to playing it tho. The icon is really nice the only thing concerning is the low resolution character.

2 Likes

Like other people said I don’t like how the avatar isn’t tilted and the background seems to have some weird and confusing tilt. It throws the viewer off. On top of that the background is blurry as if you stretched out an image smaller than the render itself. I would try looking up references on backgrounds and perspective.

1 Like

Love the idea, love the rigging especially. But the effects should also be blurred with the rest of the image, like the sparks and shine should have a motion blur as well. Also I honestly can’t tell whether you used, Blender or C4D but better lighting = better looking. Adding reflection, even bump-maps gives detail and texture to the character, also if you learn how to light your scene it’ll add that finishing touch that will just pull your whole design together.

1 Like

this would be sick if the character was shaded properly, defiantly recommend doing that

1 Like

I forgot about one crucial detail! I should’ve made the background blurred aswell, and completely forgot that!