[FEEDBACK] Game Icon

Hello guys! Today, I tried making a game icon, similar to simulator ones. What can i improve? Please tell me everything about lighting, posing, and background aswell! Thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

It looks very good!

I have a question, is the viking in the foreground the main feature of “Update 3”? If not, you should change the foreground into what the update is mainly about.

4 Likes

I love it ! Maybe make the character a bit brighter since is armor is dark and make the background with lighter colors (a bit whiter or something)

[this has nothing to do with the design] Don’t be unoriginal and say “update 3” add names for each updates I would find it more interesting

7 Likes

Thanks!! And yeah!! Well… By parts. In my head, I made the logo to introduce a new axe and a new helmet, since the game name would be Viking Simulator (yeah I know that looks kinda dumb lmao) I have another idea of introduing objects to an update aswell!! Maybe only adding the object itself to the image, i believe it would look good! But thanks for your feedback! I appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Alright!! I’ll consider those ideas in my next practice GFXs. Thank you so much for your time!!

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good idea! if your game is going to have Rthro compatibility, you can add an “Rthro” banner at the corner.
This can give you the benefit of eventually being put into the “Rthro” section of the front page.
Remember, I’m not forcing you to switch to Rthro, I’m just trying to give you an idea.

1 Like

Wait… That’s a great idea actually! I’ll surely use that one if I make a GFX for Rthro games! Thank you so much, really :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow! The game icon looks awesome! I suggest making “Update 3” bigger so it really stands out and shows theres a new update. Along with saying “Update 3” you should try adding something related, for example, if “Update 3” was about forks then you add the guy holding a fork, or in the background have a shout bubble with the fork weapon on it, (again an example.) Overall, amazing job!

1 Like

Great design! I’d like to note however like another person, the armor is a bit dark so maybe light it up, also what is Update 3? Is it the armor? The viking a skin? Make sure that you make people aware like how some games do it where instead of doing “UPDATE 3!” some games do like “NEW AXES!” or like “NEW ARMOR!” something like that, anyway away from the criticism it is great, good lighting and great GFX! I love the way you made the character on the front holding an axe and he is looking somewhere. Great work!

1 Like

Very very good! Try adding shiny effects around the character or on parts like the axe. Also if you made the starburst background brighter like a different color or lighter grey/blacks it may look good, but great work!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feeback!! I appreciate it a lot!! And yes! That looks like a great idea!! I’ll consider it on my next GFXs.

That sounds like an amazing idea!! And yes, adding “NEW ARMOR” or “NEW AXES” would look great!! As i told the other person, i could aswell make an icon only showing the item being added, that’d be cool aswell!! Anyways, thank you so much for your opinion!!

That’s a very good idea!! I might render the object separately from the character, so I’ll be able to add some really cool effects to it. Thank you so much for your opinion!! It really means a lot to me!

1 Like

I think it looks pretty good. Is the viking part of this “update 3?”

3 Likes

I really like this! Great render, and a great icon!

I think the only thing I’d add is perhaps a background that’s a little more colourful instead of grey & black? It can be the same design and whatnot, I think the design itself really draws attention to the character as it’s almost like it’s “pointing to” the man in the middle.

I know in my case, whenever I’m scrolling through the games page, my eye is always caught by the icons with colour that pops and gives it that oomph that makes you want to check it out because for some reason it makes it seem more interesting. Not sure why, that’s just how humans work. :joy:

However, I suppose this also depends on the kind of game you’re making. Of course, if it’s a sort of grungy game, then you’d want dark colours to add to the mystery. But I suppose it’s all up to you and your preference in the end! If you do end up using a colourful background, and also have other colours in the icon, I’d recommend using complementary colours. That way they won’t clash and look weird.

But regardless, great render!

2 Likes

I really like it! It looks incredibly professional. The gradient is a nice touch.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your opinion!! Well, let’s go by parts…
Yes, i completely agree with the more colorful background! I do know it draws a lot of attention, but I made it like that so it would fit with the background!!
And well, since it’s a fake game, in my head it was meant to be “Viking Simulator”, I really don’t know where that idea came from :laughing: I just tried to make the background fit with the character!!
Well, thank you so much for your opinions!! I will surely consider that in my next GFXs.

1 Like

By parts!! I actually thought it’d be a cool idea to make an axe and helmet a part of the update, but i do know it would be better just showing the new feature!!

This looks okay, but you could use some improvement. The Viking might use some polishing. I suggest adding more lighting into it. Also, what’s it for? Is the Viking part of the update? The background is looking bland, too. I suggest you spice it up with a better background, like the game’s map as the background blurred. The game logo should also be there. Otherwise, you did a really neat attempt at making one! Don’t let my constructive criticism stop you there, as I’m using it to suggest some improvements for your icon. If you can’t do some or all of my requests, I understand. May I suggest a tutorial on how to make icons and renders better? Anyways, take it from me: the icons you do, the better you are at making them! You got this.

1 Like

It looks pretty good, I like it!

1 Like