[FEEDBACK] GFX Logo

Heya!
I have just made a new GFX logo and I need some feedback on this GFX I made! Do I need to change the lighting? Do I need to change the background?

Things To Say

What are some things I can do to improve?

Thank you for helping me on improving. Also, thank you for reading.

7 Likes

Hello!

The first thing I noticed was the lighting. The lighting in this GFX is quite dull. I assume this is a one-point light. I would definitely recommend looking into “3 Point Lighting” or even start looking into HDRIs. I found this good HDRI tutorial on youtube for Blender. HERE

The second thing I noticed is the text. The white blurred layer behind the text could be slightly changed by lowering its opacity. It is too strong since the background is dark. The gradient is very cool though, I like it.

Overall, not too bad. Just some thing to keep in mind while making GFX.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment! I will try changing this!

I like the logo, but there are some small details that deduct from the appearance. The lighting seems a bit dull and too bright in some places. I suggest lowering the intensity of the light, or if you used an HDRI, rotating the character and camera around so the light is hitting the avatar differently, and more brighter. The pose is a bit unnatural. The right arm is moving up, which looks like it should be holding something, but he is not. Also, the camera could have been more zoomed in, making the character fill up more of the logo. In conclusion, I really like your logo, but there are some small details you can improve in. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! I will try to improve.

This is near perfect it has a very good theme and it actually matches you bend limbs properly the only thing that rlly puts me off in my opinion is the fact you haven’t actually connected or at least move the left leg a bit to far off the body!
Keep up the good work my dude!

1 Like

I love the concept! My suggestion is rendering the character a bit better. May I ask which program you’re using to render? If you’re using Blender, make sure you’re rendering the avatar using the Cycles engine for a sharper, more vibrant image. That, plus using a three-point lighting system instead and you’re set!

1 Like

Hey @woofrmp3. Your work is amazing and I love what you did with the background.

• Dxiien

Hello,
I have noticed that the light reflects brightly on the character and the shadows don’t seem to exist,
If you are using blender for your character consider changing from “Blender Render”
to “Cycles Render” it will help improve the quality of the imported models.
(You will be able to find that at the top of the blender program)
it’s either that or the shadows are disabled, you can enable shadows by clicking the lamp, going to it’s properties and under the properties you will find “Cast Shadow” that will pretty much do the trick.
All-inclusive you’ve done a very great job I really liked the slight gloss on the character. :+1:
Keep up the good graphics!

I love the effects in the background and the “smooth” effect on the character itself.

I personally do not think the yellow + purple/blue match and kind of throws it off. The characters clothing matches but not with the background.

Honestly this isn’t half bad I’d only use clothing folds and here is a video how. Good work and best of luck, John! :smiley: