(Feedback) I made some medieval houses, what do you think?

Hi! I’ve been working on a building revamp for Kingdom Life II. Here are some medieval houses I built. You can see the originals compared with the new below, too. What do you think? Do you have any ideas on how to add more originality to them?

This one’s a comparison pic of the houses in the original game.

18 Likes

It’s beautiful, i will say you could add some colors but it’s a medieval theme so it’s perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Extremely hard to find something to critique here… Perhaps making the neon in the windows a bit brighter so they glow more?

4 Likes

The neon is temporary until the doors are scripted and the interiors are done. But thanks for your feedback!

5 Likes

One thing I could definitely recommend if you haven’t done this already:

For performance reasons, you may want to disable collisions on the house’s detailing, such as the wooden beams, window shutters, etc.

1 Like

That’s such a beautiful creation.

I only have to add that you should have some lamps on the path in the fourth image. The houses at the end are nicely lit up, but not the ones that are near the path going out.

Other than that, great work and great game!

2 Likes

While this can take away from physics calculations, a better solution is to turn the tiled pattern on the walls into a texture. The performance impact comes from the amount of geometry that needs to be rendered.

@Ahlvie The buildings look really good and atmospheric. They have a lovely style to them and feel very fitting as a medieval house. I can’t wait to see more!

5 Likes

Thanks. It would be a good idea to texture the buildings to decrease performance impact dramatically as I can imagine each house has hundreds of parts dedicated to just the wall paneling right now! Thankfully I’ve been learning how to texture anyways, like on my other builds. I was just wondering if the roof could be textured to recreate the same effect, too?

1 Like

Good job! Amazing work, I like it.

3 Likes

I like it, you did a good work with the houses design, the outside decoration and the lights. You really put love and effort into the buildings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They look great! I like the use of lighting

2 Likes

Looks awesome! Nice job, Kingdom Life II will rock if you keep this up.

1 Like

It’s pretty great!, I really like it

I think you could make it a bit more thematical, like for example, put some fantasy meshes or dark medieval stuff. :slight_smile:

1 Like

First of all, Wow. Secondly, maybe am a builder but i can Never reach that level.
You did an Amazing job in the modeling and building without forgetting the terrain. I really like the details in the house wall. Awesome job !

2 Likes

Great build! I’d suggest keeping an eye out for performance issues. Other than that the buildings look lovely so far. Loving the lively atmosphere it’s giving out.

2 Likes