[FEEDBACK] Knight in Castle and German WW1 Officer w/ tank

Hello all Ultan here,

I am sort of new with this GFX stuff,

I would appreciate if you guys could give me some feedback on my first 2 GFX.

(I looked at it after I uploaded and I realized the text looks so bad!)

Thank you for your feedback,

Ultan (or Skull)!

The GFX is very nice for your first 2!

1 Like

Pretty nice!
Iā€™m a GFX designer myself and Iā€™d love to give you some tips.

1. I agree with this:
  1. Your background (sky) doesnā€™t really contrast with the scene, could be darker on the seccond one.
  2. Add a bit more details and shading, you can do so by using about a 8pt brush tool in either a black or the skin tone of your character but darker and do some outlines (do not add too many outlines or it will look bad.) then add a gaussian blur to your likings.

Best wishes and I am exited to see what you create!

1 Like

There are multiple things that I would first like to point out. Starting with first one.

First GFX.

Your GFX should never have more than a few words. A GFX only needs: the group / game name (optional) and what the player does. Red and white text is a bold option. I personally hate it when someone uses red text in a GFX or even a presentation. Red is not a color that appeals to the eye and is easy to read. White and red blend too much together. I would suggest using white and black. White and black are colors that are far off, I think everyone can read it (Iā€™m not a doctor, so I am not sure about color blind people).
Different fonts. I would suggest playing around with this. Different fonts get your message out. A cursive one represents more of a home store or a clothing group advertisement, while bold screams ā€œnotice meā€.
The arms. image
I would like to know what you are using for your GFXs. I think you may either have a rendering problem or you are using R15. R15 is not the best way to go for GFX. There are many tutorials on YouTube. The best ones are the ones that use a rigging model. I have found that these are the easiest tutorials to follow and give the best result in Blender and C4. I suggest using Blender for beginners because it is free and many people have created tutorials on this program.
Background choices. The background choices for this is actually pretty poor. I do not understand what is happening in the background. The skyblock and trees do not fit in with the ā€˜randomā€™ building behind the character. From the title, I am assuming that the building is a tank, but anyone without WW1 experience will not know what is going on. I suggest adding flags and more things to the background to explain the scene.

The second GFX.

I actually enjoy this one. The background choice was wonderful for this. I would suggest adding multiple knights chasing after one another (here is a tutorial on how to do that)
Once again, the skyblock choice was poor. This should represent a medieval style, not a bright and happy style. Knights represent war. I only see happiness with the sky as if nothing every happened in this scene.
Red text. I have already gone over this, so I will not repeat myself.

In all:
I would suggest adding particle affects to your GFX, fixing your skyboxes, text, and character choice. Some schools incorporate a required class called ā€˜Dramaā€™ into their curriculum. I took this class and it helped me a lot with GFX and character choices.
Everything I have said here is based upon my opinion and my first looks. You should not feel disheartened at all. Never give up on your talent! Back in 2017 when I first started my GFX career, let me tell you this is a hundred (100) times better than mine. Sitting and doing nothing will never help you at all. I can imagine you, one day, becoming the next best GFX creator. Everyone starts at some point in life.
Sincerely,
FallinqSnowFlake :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank you for your in depth feedback! I appreciate it so much!

1 Like