[Feedback] Low-Poly Maps

Hello, Developers!

I’ve been working on a couple of low-poly themed maps for one of my projects (adventure type), over the span of 1 week.

I’m constantly asking myself, “What could I add to this to make it look more detailed, while keeping the same amount of simplicity?”

This cave is where players will spawn upon entering the game. Anything I can add?

This is the first world, two huge islands that are connected to each other via bridge.
(bridge and both islands are not finished.)

45 Likes

Actually, I really appreciate your low poly map! I see you have realsitic graphics also the way you made the structures looks very impressive. Also, I really love the way you applied lighting to some underground minerals which I can say personally looks almost perfect! This game is really recommended to be used in a great story game! I hope you continue developing these types of maps!

5 Likes

Really good! The last few images showed amazing work!

4 Likes

I like low poly style and you did it amazing, with these photos i can conclude you put a tremendous effort into your game because those trees and meshes, they can only be made on blender and its really hard to beginners to use it. Congrats man for your masterpiece :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Personally, I love how you keep it simplistic, it’s really amazing The lighting goes really well with the build, it gives it that realistic feel to it overall I got a few minor suggestions you could try adding to your cave since the islands have a lot of detail overall it makes it become more realistic without putting too much detail.

From what the screenshots show, the cave looks good in my opinion, however I would try adding some dead little trees with a burning effect from the lava, this will add variety to your build. I would add a few more rocks in the cave such as the stalagmite you could try adding a few more around the cave personally hanging from the ceiling I think that would look amazing.

Overall you’ve done an impressive job, I can’t think of much improvement that could be added to your islands since it’s still in progress.

6 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! The dead trees and rocks would be an amazing addition.

2 Likes

Your maps look amazing. Though I do see one flaw, Personally I find the cave a little to blurry. Over all outstanding job. I could see something like this just do a good as adventure up!

2 Likes

Amazing work, i’d love to learn your lighting setup. I’ve always had issues with getting my low polys model look good under robloxs lighting. Do you do anything special or just leave it all at default?

Follow up (hope you don’t mind): Do you add a plain texture to all your work or are you fine with SmoothPlastic + colour?

2 Likes

Yes, I keep the material to just smooth plastic.

1 Like

You need to work hard in your projects and practice a lot if you want to achieve something like that. Its hard, but if you are determined, you put love and have the time you can be a really good builder in the platform and be recognized for that.

1 Like

I’m very impressed with your work, I am honestly curious to see how that stuff would look in a winter update for your game, great job though and keep up the good work! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks! The game is still being updated to this day. I try to work on it when I’m not doing commissions, other work; etc.

Here’s the link if you’d like to try.
Paid Access: 35 Robux.

https://www.roblox.com/games/4714997235/The-Lost-Shrine

1 Like

The lighting on this is insane! I really like it, all elements of the map match each other, and it just looks great. Amazing!

1 Like

It’s a 10/10 from me, lighting is perfect, camera angles are perfect, everything is perfect!! Keep up the good work man.

I’m amazed, one of the best low poly maps I have ever seen. Keep it up!