[FEEDBACK] Need some feedback on my sci-fi city

I want this city to be set far in the future on a planet distant from Earth, and the following pictures are examples of what I have created so far:

I struggle when trying to think of what type of buildings to create, their interiors, and what else should be done in order to reflect the sci-fi/future theme. I appreciate any and all feedback!

EDITS

Here are some billboards that I added

10 Likes

So far it looks really good! I’m a beginner builder, but you could maybe add some weapons that like sit on a wall for display? Maybe some npcs, and Armour stands. I can’t really think of anything else. Also, you’re way better than me, so my tips might not help. But I tried! Good luck.

Edit:
You could also add some ships in the world, like they’re flying. More lights, and maybe some holograms if possible.

1 Like

Add some more textures. Textures always make everything look better. Make an arsenal room with weapons. And light every up a bit more.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response! I’m currently working on some weapons and I’ll be adding them in soon. An armor stand and some NPCs are definitely worth adding. I’d like to eventually give the player missions which they can complete for in-game currency and then perhaps purchase better armor. Holograms, ships, and lights are all great suggestions! I’d eventually like to have holograms all over the city with advertisements and propaganda and I am actually in the process of making a ship which I will soon add in. Thanks again!

You’re welcome! Please keep me updated, I’d love to see where the project goes.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions! I actually have a couple textures to play around with, I just can’t seem to figure out the right combination. I have also built a room which will eventually be an armory, but I am planning to finish once I have some nice weapons to outfit it with. And the lighting I’ll fix as soon as I can. I appreciate the help!

Of course! I’ll add some pictures later once I’ve made some changes.

Cool! Maybe add a rundown side of town, like a few tents and tarp places. It would add a cool tone to a part of town!

2 Likes

Looks fantastic, But i think you should try not use free models as i see one here.

Its the door at the back, I might be wrong tho!

2 Likes

Nope! Not a free model. That is indeed my own as is everything else seen in the game.

Im actually working on a section like that! I was sort of trying to do that in the area seen in the sixth photo. I’ll continue working on it so that it seems more rundown than it is now, and probably is expand it. Thanks for your suggestion!

1 Like

its look really well built! I would just add items on to the benches to add more detail!

1 Like

Looks cool. For the 4th picture. There’s lack of detail. You could add some kind of machines or cameras.
Anyways, that’s really cool!

1 Like

Hey there! I personally love building in the sci-fi genre, and I find this amazing! I have a couple of suggestions:

• Trusses seem to be commonly used in sci-fi type of builds, try using them to spruce up the interior.
  • This room, I’m assuming it will be some sort of shop. When/if it becomes one, try making some display cases, maybe some futuristic propaganda/posters up on the walls.
Photo

• Maybe try adding some large billboards around the city (with images, of course.)
  • In the image below, I love the way you did the floor, entrances to buildings, and the lights on the buildings. I suggest doing something similar to this floor in a couple of the buildings.
Photo 2

Overall, I really love this build, for some inspiration try checking out the Neon District. It’s really a good example of a sci-fi type of city. Happy building!
Link: https://www.roblox.com/games/64861517/Neon-District-RIOT-UPDATE

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m thinking of adding some strange exotic fruit, weird foods, and cyber-themed hardware to fill up some of the empty space.

1 Like

I appreciate the suggestion. I should definitely place some cameras! That would fit the theme perfectly. And I’ll add some various facade/functional machines like vending, atm, and anything else I can think of.

Pretty cool, although in some spots you could add some light because at someone pictures I can’t tell what I am looking at. (no offense)

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions! I honestly didn’t even think about using any trusses but will definitely take that into consideration moving forward. The room is intended to eventually be a ‘communications center’ where players can view a map of the game and map out their destination. But of course for the shops I should definitely be include display cases and a fair share of propaganda. I’ve also started placing propaganda on billboards around the city. The floors definitely need some work though. Thanks again!

1 Like

It’s no problem! I’m glad I was able to help!

2 Likes

The building is great, the detail is great.

However, Some places just feel empty, like in your 5th image, it just feels like there needs to be more going on, same with the last one.

1 Like