Feedback needed in this menu screen i just created

Hello i need feedback on this menu screen i just created.
Any Feedback is appreciated
Tell me if there’s anything i can add or remove!

• Great
  • Good
  • Ok
  • Needs more work

0 voters

3 Likes

It looks really nice. Some critiques though:

• Human eyes scan from the top right to the bottom left. (At least to English speakers, since we’re taught to read that way. Arabic speakers will read from the top left to the bottom right.) The tree, the focal point, is positioned to the left while the actual text is positioned to the right. Consider flipping this; Have the main menu be to the right of the tree.

• Second, the sword doesn’t look like it’s resting on something, and looks poked into the brick ground. Which a bit ludicrous, don’t you think? Consider making it rest against the tree itself or the ring around the tree.

• Third, the word “Play” should be a different color to distinguish it from the other buttons. It’s more important. Having it not center with the other words is fine.

Overall good job! Can’t wait to see what you make next.

5 Likes

Thank you for the feedback this is much appreciated!

1 Like

The design is quite exquisite!
Suggestion: Maybe you could make the camera rotate around the tree like a cutscene?

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion i like the idea,i might add it in the future!

It’s simple but does the job. I do think that the UI is a bit more boring, because of the colour choice of grey and it doesn’t bring much excitement to the game, especially since this is the first thing new players see when they come into the game. A race is very exciting and I think your UI should convey that. Some ways you could do that would be to choose something brighter like red or yellow(kinda like Lightning Mcqueen, does anyone even remember the show?), or you could add some wheels and fire to the Play Classes and Race UI.

1 Like

Make their character show at spawn

I’m not builder so I can’t give a lot of feedback about that, but what I am is a UI designer :slight_smile:

I recommend you make the buttons and the text higher contrasted, because currently it might be hard to see for people on devices with lower light/or for people with bad eye sight

For example, white text on black background is good, while white on gray is not so good because you can’t see it very well

Here is a website you can use to test your color contrasts

I like this a lot! One thing I notice is that the right side looks a slight bit empty. Maybe if you have a logo for your game, you could put it in the bottom or top right corner, just to bring something else to the menu?

The only other nit-picky thing I can say I notice is that the outer lighter gray part of the buttons and the inner darker gray parts are differently rounded and don’t perfectly line up with each other, which I’d personally fix if it were me - but if it was intentional it’s not a big problem!

Great cinematography dawg, really nice work!!

1 Like

I added little details for now this is what i have.

1 Like

As a builder I think what you need is a vibrant color on the tree. This way the person playing the game will immediate look at the tree!

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t see that. Well, I think its pretty good!! But the UI could use a little work.

1 Like

Here are lots of ideas for your menu screen:

• Change the bricks to grass, it just doesn’t look natural. Unless that’s the point.
  • Instead of having Race: Demon → Play → Classes → Race (in that order) have it like: Title of Game (Bigger text size) → Race (Normal text size) → the rest of the buttons.
  • Make the buttons different colors.
  • The focal point is pretty bland. Maybe making it a grassland/plains with a tree in the middle with the sword directly infront of it, possibly it being in a rock, would be more creative.
  • Others have said to make your character show up in the menu, I think that’s a great idea aswell. Maybe make them hold the sword in a good animation pose?
  • Day/night script. Not sure if your menu screen has it because it’s only a photo, but that’d be a nice touch.
  • Also remove the topbar. It’d look much cleaner if it was transparent. Or possibly translucent.
1 Like