Feedback needed on a GFX

I’ve been getting back into GFX after a month and I want some criticism/feedback on these two profiles I made in my personal time. :hidere:

1st One

2nd One

First one was sorta getting the hang of it, second one is the most recent thou, and I prefer that one.
I feel like some things could be tweaked, added, or fixed, not sure though.

5 Likes

I really like these GFX. Something which stands out from them I’d say is the faces, I can tell you put effort into these.

Keep it up, I’d love to see some more of these in the future, definitely!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I took inspiration from some thumbnails I’ve seen on YouTube. I’m trying to add custom faces to make them seem more alive also. I’ll keep doing these for sure!!!

I really like these! They feel clean and simple, but full of the Roblox style.

My only complaint on the second one is that the “dark square” or “light boarder” overlaps the character, unlike the first image. Instead of it feeling like a fancy background, it literally feels like a dark square paste’d on top, haha. It’s only present in the second one so I’m not sure if it was just an oversight or a intentional change.

1 Like

I didn’t really notice that! I feel like in the first one its more of a part of the background like you said, so I’ll make sure not to do that again. Thank you!

1 Like

Really nice! i like the first one but there are some suggestions i got for the second one,

• I think it’s a little to bright for me not saying it looks messy it just a tad too bright, in curtain places.

• The scarf on the left is bright, should get turned down a little, same thing with swords it should be turned down a tad.

• The hat is also brighten should get turned down a little not much.

the first one to me looks great :+1:
I hope these suggestions help you.

1 Like

What makes these pieces great are the faces, I especially like the second one’s face. Great job! One thing you should work on are your shadows, I also like the outlining a lot looks perfect. Other than that I don’t see any issues.

2 Likes

Yea, I’m trying to fix the lighting on my newer ones. Thank you!

The color palette is really bright, and it kind of over powers everything, so I agree. I’m getting the hang of lighting since I’m a bit rusty. Thank you, I’ll improve on that for sure!

I really like the “cartoony” style you were going for. These GFX look great in my opinion. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

These are really nice. If you want to improve even further, I recommend you look into making high resolution textures for the uniforms and accessories (when necessary, e.g., in the foreground) to try and make the lines smoother and cleaner instead of looking so pixeled, which by no means is your own fault, it’s just roblox being limited to low resolution textures to conserve memory.

1 Like

Yea, I could maybe retexture the clothes myself in high resolution if I really wanted to. Once I start to do commissions, I’ll probably add an option where I retexture everything myself but for a higher price. Thanks!