Feedback needed on my game icon

I created this icon for my game.

da8f17d33baa1e36f6e170ab21b56964

Any feedback? What could I improve?

First of all, the text doesn’t really match the vibe; It looks like something a military game would use (also a lot of people know that font so it would lower their expectations).

Secondly, the icon doesn’t really present much. You could change the text to hide and seek, and it would present the same thing. Try getting pictures of the actual sprint course into the icon instead of the current background.

Thirdly, the silhouette. Silhouettes are ok, but its cutting corners. A silhouette in a horror game icon would be nice, because it presents mystery, however in a sprint course which is supposed to have a adventurous vibe, it looks off.

If i were to be honest, this icon is ok.

If you’re busy and you don’t want to spend too much time on your icon you could just add a picture of one of the sprint courses with a cartoon text and it would look much better.

If you’re having trouble finding a good text try this

Hope this helped :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, this is my first icon I’ve made, so it’s not super good, but your feedback should help a lot.

Here’s a simple free kit you can use to produce nice UIs and Game icons:

Editor: Photo Editor : Pixlr X - free image editing online

Picture taker: Snipping tool

Text maker: 1,959 Free Fonts

Iv’e been able to produce some decent logos and decals for my games using that kit such as:

GRIEFLOGO!

G-Coin

Hope for the best of you :+1:

1 Like

The background colors look a bit weird and can use shading and maybe scale up the character.

Hello, your graphics are nice. I would recommend you to use fonts that can match with the GFXs. You should go check out dafont.com to find fonts.

Ok, thanks for the feedback guys

I like the fact that you tried but there are several things that could use some works, for starters the color palette. If you’re going to be making a logo you need to stick to the main color which would be like a purple/teal ish color. Also, it says sprint course but the character looks as if it is jumping, I’d recommend you make it where as it matches the title. Overall this was a really good attempt though, you’ll be better overtime :blush:

Photo Editor : Pixlr X - free image editing online Is Absolutely Great For Making Logos, Heres An Example Of One I Made Recently