Feedback needed on unfinished simulator map

Hey everyone, I’m working on a simulator map right now but I can’t seem to find any inspiration on what to put inside of it and where, as well as how to structure the walls, any ideas?

8 Likes

I’m not sure what the theme is, but you could format it like a valley to the mountains with some dirt roads, trees, etc.

5 Likes

Sounds good, but I’m not quite sure I got a good idea of what you’re getting at. Can you describe it a bit better?

Kinda like this in my mind hahah.

This is my current progress, thoughts? Anything I should change? Please leave constructive criticism!

I feel like the green on the mountains are too bright and if the white things on the tall mountains in the background are snow I dont think it makes sense for the grass to be that saturated and the color for the baseplate is a totally different color from the grass on those dirt hills or what you want to call it I hope this is helpful : )

1 Like

Perhaps change the colour of the tallest bits of “grass” to be white instead of green so it looks like its more in the mountain. Idk, try and merge the two together a little bit more I guess.

2 Likes

This is a really basic simulator map format maybe try to lean away from a big square. you could make a big crack in the ground with a bridge over it (don’t make 2 squares connected by the bridge tho be unique.)

The green on the rocks(Inside the map) looks a little to bright considering how the mountains look.

It seems repetitive with the borders, try adding more layers and variation.

Appreciate all of your suggestions, I’ll get to work on it as soon as I got time. I’ll be posting updates in the replies, so keep your eyes peeled :wink:

Ladies and gents, I’m redoing the walls right now, and even though it’s taking me a while to make every set of walls unique it’s turning out fantastic. Is there anything that I should change/add? Let me know!

1 Like

Finished the walls, anything I should change?

It looks nice, but I think the tree trunks are a bit too wide and the leaves are a bit too small. It looks really good other than that.

Try messing around with the leaves cuz they are a bit too stubby I would say.

wha-
tree trunks?
leaves?
where?
these are walls

I really like this! To me it kinda looks like a simulator map mixed with a rpg map. Not sure why :man_shrugging:

Probably because of the huge mountains surrounding it, thanks as well! If you got any tips or suggestions lmk

Update! I added extra hills in the middle to fill up dead space and create a small divide between “sections” in the map. I also added rocks and a tube for people to walk through. if you got any ideas/suggestions let me know!

Oh, they looked like trees to me