Feedback on 2 Story CLothing Store

Feedback On My Build

I’m looking for some feedback on this shop. currently I only did the exterior although it has about a hundred parts by now.

2 Likes

It still seems relatively early in development so I can’t really give any suggestions on improving current work. Maybe add a path and sign leading up to the entrance.

1 Like

As @Saiier said, it is early in development. Although I do have a few suggestions right now.

• The Shape

Overall, the shape of the build isn’t to detailed. I’d suggest having it go out to the sides a bit. Pay a bit more attention to the shape.

• To Many Windows

You’ve got too many windows… maybe try putting up some pretty barriers, by using a combinations of smooth plastic, etc.

• Pillars

Your pillars on the sides of it aren’t very detailed- I’d suggest adding some detail to it, such as some designs, and make it a more circular pillars.

• Pathway

I’d suggest adding a pathway to the build- it looks like your entering it by walking on grass.

• Trees

The trees look pretty basic. On ROBLOX, I don’t see many trees made from ROBLOX. Try using Blender to make some trees.

• Summary

Overall, the build is pretty basic. I’d highly suggest adding the suggestions I gave you. But good job on the build!

1 Like

It really good build i like how you went with two stories i dont have but one suggestion because its not that done. I will see if i have more suggestions later

SUGGESTIONS

you should add bushes.

hope this help.

1 Like

This is a great start! I’m going to ignore interior comments since it seems like you haven’t gotten to that yet.

I’m not sure what your level of comfort is with building, but I would suggest adding some dividers in the windows for realism (windows aren’t put up all in one plane, they have pieces). Also, I would add more detail to the outside in general. You can see an example below where they’ve added pillars in the middle of the wall to split up the glass, added more details to the windows, and inset the door into the wall, which also allows for the addition of front-store display areas.

I would also experiment with more shapes than just a rectangle. You can raise the ceiling in the back, for example, to make a “half of a third level”, which could be cool.

The trees look great, though I’d experiment with more plants and maybe a fence or something. The trees being laid out all over the place looks a little mismatched (stores are generally very corporate and if they have plants, they are generally all uniform and in a line).

Finally, I might add some small details to the roof, like the ones seen in the photo below.

commercial_roof

4 Likes

I understand that this is very early in development, but the store looks very nice so far. I just feel that the windows are too large. Adding a bit of margin between the glass and surrounding parts can really improve the look.

You can also add some more greenery along the walls, like bushes. Adding a fountain and/or some sprinklers with particle emitters representing water can give the build a fresh and natural look (if that is a what you are going for).

Also, if you really want to, you can using semi transparent neon parts as window panes. I honestly think they look a little nicer than the material glass.

Again, I really like your build so far and these are my suggestions. Good luck on the store!

1 Like

This store looks great, however i know it’s still in the development as seen above here is a few things to improve on it!!

• As @CheckYourFacts said you could add some dividers to the windows. As by looking at it it looks like you just put windows all around the building, without any muntins on the glass part, i would recommend you add that so the! store could look more decent. And try adding different colors to your store!!

• And for the store part, try adding different shapes to the building as you can see clothing stores have different shapes on them. I would add shapes to your store Instead! of having it just a rectangle shape. You could make the building, more wider and raise the building more!!

The trees you added look really good, however you could add some more trees with some branches on them. And add some plants next to the building that will look good to add to your store! and you should add the trees by the store instead of having them all around the building.

As said, above you could add some more details on the roof part, i would recommend that instead of having it just plain.

4 Likes

Yea it seems to be like it’s in early development

1 Like

In my honest opinion, it looks great so far.

1 Like

Looking great so far in the early stages. I would recommend adding some window designs and lighting fixtures. Adding lights can help brighten up the store and point out certain displays. Again, it’s still in the early stages, but great work so far and I can’t wait to see an update on this build!

1 Like

Alright, I have only a few things for you here. I would say your off to a great start, when creating something its always great to get a structure or an idea in which you can easily construct and build off that. That is my process when doing concept art on my creations.

First, study some architecture a bit and come up with a surrounding setting. I would look at shop architecture based in California, specifically beverly hills for the double floor modern look. I would also position the door on the longer side or corner if the store is going to stand alone.

Second, your outdoor decor. The trees are lovely, but if you made the leaves sprout at different heights it becomes more aesthetic. I would add some streetlights, or a fountain to create a more complex setting.

Finally, the building itself. You have 4 supporting structures, but realistically this would be very hard to construct under the confines of gravity. I think the building should have some walls, and they can be hidden. They can represent ads seen like on the sunset strip or times square. Finally, make the colors pop out with some contrast.

I think this might be a good picture to draw inspiration from

Hope this was of help to you, best of luck on your shop! Would love to see the final project popping out with life!

1 Like

It’s mostly glass, there’s little support too. You should add more supports and detail to the building and consider using less glass.

1 Like

Maybe add some more bushes or add a path and a sign.

1 Like

I will add more support although I want to keep it fully glass because that is just the design.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback. I’ll no longer be checking this topic until I finish adding all your suggestions. I’ve read over every one of your suggestions and this is what I’ll be adding:
Extra Supports
Secret Walls (Covered By Ads)
Fountains
Lights
Window Dividers
Different Structural Shape
Sprinklers
Window Displays
Bushes
Pathways
Sign.

2 Likes