Feedback on a building I've made

Hello builders, I’m making a Tycoon game with a story. A person creates his own base in the forest and makes helicopters secretly. That’s why they choose a forest for their business. So, I made the building for the tycoon, now how can I improve it? If you’re wondering why is it so big, well, it has to be big. Because I will add a lot of things inside of it.

Please give me some constructive criticism so I can improve the building, it’s my first time making a building, and I’ve started to learn to build but I’m also making my side project at the same time. Also, it’s just the base, I haven’t added any lighting yet. I will add it soon.

2 Likes

“Secretly” makes helicopter in forest
"Makes a huge and large base "
this feels like not secret isn’t it?
what about putting base underground ofc still in forest area

1 Like

like I bet even my uncle can see it from his house

Yes, I’ve thought of underground, in fact I will add underground to it. But the thing is, I need feedback for the building, and how can I improve it. And I’m gonna add large trees.

well in my opinion the walls of floors (inside) looks boring what about adding figures? or allow players to change color of it

1 Like

Yes! I thought of the same idea too. I wanted to add a feature that can make players change the color of walls. But I was unsure if I should add it or not. But now I’ll definitely add it. Oh, and the story of the game is kinda like, the office is legally built, but inside, in the underground, there’s something else is happening (secret).

will it be as big as the mall in Flee the Mall

the mall is 6141 x 4380 studs big

The size of each floor is 168, 1, 168. But it won’t be that big, it’ll be as it is now in size all time. But I need some suggestions about how can I improve the design of it. :slight_smile:

the back has a box so I think it’s a bad idea, and it’s poorly designed :confused:

1/5

I want to add an image in that box, or something else. Give me feedback on how I can improve the building.

Hey, first of all since its a secret base in a forest I would suggest you to maybe add some sort of camo to the base, maybe fake bushes, dirt covering some areas… You could maybe make the base look like a fake hill or rock formation etc.

Also to make it more interesting you could change the global shape of it as it is just a big box right now, try to add layers to it etc.

I am curious about that red neon square on the base, what is it for exactly ? Just decoration ? Because that’s not very “secret” in my opinion
I would even remove a lot of windows so that what is inside the base remains “secret” to the outside, or at least hide them with bushes and stuff.

That’s all that I can think of righ now, hope this helps !

1 Like

Instead of each level having one large window I’d suggest that the window segments be split into three parts. Other than that I like the building

1 Like

@Frelite and @Reset6829938 I wasn’t getting any feedback soon so I thought I should check out some other building creations, I got lots of ideas and then I looked at my building and I thought the white floors on each floor were overwhelming. So I fixed it and then it looked like a normal boring building, so I thought to add some texture to it. I made the texture with blocks since it looks better than any normal Roblox texture which I think is good for floors.

Front

Back

Inside

It’s not 8 floors right now because I’m making an elevator for the building, so I need to make square space on each floor, so I will copy and paste them when I make the square space for one floor. It’s taking time because the elevator is still not done yet.

Also @Frelite thanks for the idea about bushes but the story is kinda different. The person is making his base legally, which is not secret. But inside it, there is an underground area, that is completely secret and something illegal is happening there without anyone’s knowing. So that was the story and that’s why the building has to be like any other building. And the idea of layers is actually quite good, I will try adding more details to it. I thought the big box at the back will make it look better and players can add images to it, but then I thought it’s better to remove it. And I will edit the windows tomorrow morning.

Tell me what you guys think about the redesign. Should I add more details to it or fix something? Also, thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Also @Frelite thanks for the idea about bushes but the story is kinda different. The person is making his base legally, which is not secret. But inside it, there is an underground area, that is completely secret and something illegal is happening there without anyone’s knowing.

Okay yeah that makes sense then !
Your build looks much better already good job :+1:

Should I add more details to it or fix something? Also, thanks for the feedback!

You can always add more details yes, there are plenty of stuff that you could add if you want :

• fences around the base
  • some kind of aeration on the roof of the base
  • antennas / radar thingies
  • cables on the walls with some kind of electrical boxes on walls
  • lights ( such as lightbeams in the sky etc )

these are ideas that I came up with right off the bat but I’m sure you can think of other things

I’ll be waiting to see the progress you make on that build :+1:

1 Like