Feedback on a Cyberpunk-styled game

The map is set in a Cyberpunk + Slums area, this is the more modern, less slumish area. I don’t really see the “Cyberpunk” in most of these buildings, just lots of neon. Any support on how to achieve a Cyberpunk-ish style?

21 Likes

wow! that’s beautiful! I can see definitely see this as a cyberpunk map, maybe add more buildings and neon? It does seem a bit empty. But once again, I’m not a expert builder so yeh.

3 Likes

Thanks! This is probably around 10-20% percent of the map, me and the rest of my friends have worked on this game for only 8 days (4 devs, 2 completely new and still learning). We’ll see on adding more neon. (not too much ofc or our eyes will burn)

Personally looks great but there are some things I’d change

• Use different textures for the buildings as most of them are robloxs’ materials
  • Change some of the buildings and make it more modern, cyberpunk is more modern and city-like (bigger buildings, neon signs… certain aesthetics)
  • Mess around with the lighting-- it’d look REALLY good
  • The pictures (especially on the left in the first pic of a … frog?) don’t really fit. I feel like the trees don’t either
  • Since you’re going for a cyberpunk style, try to use more detail as in the last picture the building on the right seems to lack some.

hope this helped

3 Likes

For me, I feel the roads and buildings need more texture, such as rain in this picture:

Also, the building with the green slates in the second picture seems too classic(in my opinion)

Hope this helps! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Will definitely get into using non-roblox textures, as for the building with the frog (a dog) that’s just one of my friends joking around, we’ll most likely remove that. Thanks!

1 Like

Will 100 percent get into that, the roads were made by a friend who just started (4 of us in total working on the game, 2 of them just started getting into studio), thanks!

1 Like

It’s a interesting build, however there are a few spots that could be improved to fit the cyberpunk style.

To add reflection into the roads you could possibly insert a texture - decal onto the road and add a little transparency to it, then set the reflection to something around (0.50 - 0.80) just play around with it instill you fit something you like experiment and see what looks nice to you. Now your builds looks good regardless you’ll see more items around the street area I’m assuming they’ll need more textures to the outside appearance, try adding different textures on the street sidewalks and possibly props laying around (litter stop signs, mailboxes, bicycle rack ect).

I’d play around with different textures if your going for a realistic approach, add more detail to the street area. Apart from that good build I’d be interested to see where you take this in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!
the shots I showed didn’t show some area which contained the “detail” (stop signs, bicycle racks, etc) because we haven’t finished them, but we should definitely litter a lot more detail and also some are being redone to meet the “Cyberpunk” Criteria. We are messing with the roads atm, trying to see how to achieve “reflective road”.

Here’s some of the details I didn’t show:

(This one is most likely being redone, this is a temp because the original looked like an average stop sign you’d see everyday)

some assets we have already used and some we are still redoing.

3 Likes

really beautiful cyberpunk style map :blush:

1 Like

Ah, thanks for providing more images.

Regardless, I’m assuming you could slap a texture on the current road or sidewalk and play with the reflection a bit and see what fits within the scene (a decal could work if you add a little transparency to it and set the reflection to something like 60 or higher to make reflective objects there normally a glass material with a texture reflecting the skybox and build. Right now, most of the details I’ve said seem to be already added are textures going into place later down the process?

To make the scene pop more in whatever approach your going for. Overall can’t wait to see the final product best of luck on your project.

1 Like

Well from a quick google search here is what i noticed. Your game should have really good weather systems. You want the buildings to be a LOT bigger. The buildings should be like 1 small building and right next to it 100 giant ones. Add holographic signs as well, additionally add buildings outside the map to make it seem more alive. If you are making a slum a lot of unnecessary wires across the streets might help. Also add flying cars going above the map (if you can some games cant do that for reasons). There probably shouldn’t be any power-lines. also they tend to have massive highways going above the ground across the town. For the slums also add grass growing out of the concrete. Also maybe outside of the map (if not inside). make one side where the buildings are bigger to show the ‘center’ of the city. Maybe add more neon, and place it strategically. Maybe make it also give off a little light.

1 Like

Definitely will! The road is being a bit janky with the texture, will definitely try out the reflection bit. And the sidewalk’s texture was kind of unclear in the images, but there was one.

Good advice, we actually had a lot of tall buildings planned, that was on me that they were that small, I shouldn’t have built them that small.
[what we have planned for building sizes, just rought outlines of the size]:

Extreme thanks for the decoration tips, I messed around with the tips and it’s starting to look a bit more “cyberpunk-ish” and slum-y.

Thanks!

I wouldnt have the outside of the map be a wall. maybe add cracks and building on the outside.

1 Like

Will definitely take this into consideration, as building highways as you mentioned right now is hard with the walls. Thanks !

Well done! Very cool how you and your friends are committed to a fun project like this, I wish mine were as motivated haha

2 Likes

Having fun here and there and putting inside jokes and easter eggs around the map seems to keep them intact, it’s been really fun so far! Thanks :slight_smile:

Wow nicely done, however it needs to look a little more futuristic. But overall, it looks pretty good!

Wait a minute, why is there pictures of the smile face on the ATM?:joy:

1 Like

Lol, the original test ATM was just a block with a face, breaking it would cause it to become red and have a sad face.