Feedback on a game where the moon falls in 3 days

Yo, I’ve been working on a game where the players have to stop the moon from falling and destroying everything and I would like some feedback on it. The game is heavily inspired by Majora’s Mask (could be a copyright issue I have no idea but oh well I aint a lawyer)

Here’s some images of the game:

This game is however unfinished and a lot of the areas still need to be added to for example:

A very empty central town area.

Currently some of the features in the game include:
-NPC’s: dialogue (not the best dialogue in the world :skull:), daily routines (depending on the current day of the 3 days)
-Moon falling however never actually crashes (might need to fix that)
-Inventory system + weapon system
-That’s it
-Maybe I could get some feedback on more ideas

Anyways, I would like some feedback on this game idea. Any is appreciated.

13 Likes

I’ve never thought of Majora’s Mask on Roblox, could definitely be interesting! :thinking:

I really like the style of building you put into this, it looks extremely simple, yet it somehow conveys the exact same message and feeling. What other features would this game include? Would it be just like MM, or would it have some of its own unique features?

I really want to be able to play this soon…
:wink:

4 Likes

Yeah yeah thank you lol, I like it too but I only really use it because I can’t build any more complex than this :skull:

The game will probably be quite different to MM as you won’t be able to rewind time but the players will all have to stop the moon in 3 days. I’m also probably gonna create side quests similar to MM so I guess that’s something that will be similar to MM

Not sure when I’ll release this game, just depends how long it takes really.

Thanks for replying.

2 Likes

It looks great! I think you should be fine with copyright as long as you don’t use any names that are in the game (or maybe the entire LoZ series just to be safe) or have the main feature of the game be masks and the time travel device be an ocarina.

I really love the building style although I think it could be slightly better. Still really good though.

I will definitely play this when it comes out.

2 Likes

I like it! Although u did say that the game was far from finished I do believe that there is many locations that are more complete that could use a little more character. Some of the locations look very empty, and don’t actually look like people have been to these places.

• Maybe u could add market stands, barrels, plants, and other things in the plaza area in photo 1?
  • The Bar in the 2nd photo looks like it could use some shelves in the back that store glass bottles, cups, etc. Maybe a few decorative pots and paintings, posters or other things?
  • The bedroom areas could looked a little more lived in, maybe someone forgot to make their bed, a potted plant is not perfectly aligned, papers scattered along a desk, some accessory laid on the nightstand. (Unless these are hotel rooms then you can completely disregard what I said, lol.)

Overall, while implementing stuff similar to what I said can be time-consuming and may require more effort, the final product has the potential to greatly enhance your game.

1 Like

Yeah i’m not the best at building but thanks for those suggestions I’ll implement them at some point.

1 Like

It looks so nice!
I can’t wait to play it once you relase it. It looks fantastic but try to don’t copy any model or Nintento will break your game, your account and blow up your soul. Please, if you want it to don’t get content deleted change it since it looks with a lot of potencial.

2 Likes

Update:
I used the feedback and added to some of the locations, might need some more adjustments and additions but I think they’re better than before.

3 Likes

Another update:

I’ve been working on the final cutscene for the game where the moon crashes, here is what a currently have:

I feel as though it might need some improvements which is why I’m asking for some feedback.

2 Likes

Update: if anyone would like to play the game (in a very basic state) to give feedback, the game link is here:

3 Likes

Okay turns out I left the game as private :person_facepalming:, so it should be public now.

I hear the OoT/MM fire crackling sound… don’t know if that would be ground for a DMCA or not, but I’d change it to something else, just to be safe.

1 Like