Feedback on a new strategy game!

And once again, hello there!
I see the game gets a little better with every update! However, i still , as i did yesterday, found some things that should get fixed/improved.

Bugs
I loved to see the general of my army and two soilders walking through the camp, but there’s a little problem:
Captura de pantalla (35)
As you probably already know, the general is supposed to guide the soldiers, but in this case the general (For some reason) tripped and fell to the floor, and the soldiers used his body as a bridge as if he wasn’t even alive. Which made the soldiers get ahead of the general.
And also, the same happens in the parade:
Captura de pantalla (36)
Well, in this case the poor soldier tripped when appearing, unlike the general who tripped while walking.

Resource factories
Now, this bug is kind of strange, as everyone already knows when you are supposed to have a factory, it appears! But look at this image:

As you see, i have a lot of Steel and also a lot of Natural resources Allied factories, but for some reason the allied factories don’t appear which is kinda strange because if i have the factory it is supposed to be here.
Another Ui bug
This bug affects the Military training Ui, basically, even if you have a regiment or not the default regiment seems to be called DROPDOWN but there is a little problem:
Captura de pantalla (42)
Yep, DROPDOWN has 250 troops, and you can train more troops for it, but it doesn’t count as a Regiment, and if you create a REAL Regiment Dropdown will dissappear. Imagine training 1,000 troops in Dropdown before realizing this, would be pretty annoying for some players
Tutorial Bug!
I found some weird problems with the tutorial such as:

The tutorial should only appear the first time the player joins the game, so he is able to learn the basics and then play without problems, however, this is over the 7th time i enter the game.
And this is not the only bug including the tutorial, im incredibly sorry for not showing image proof but i totally forgot to take those screenshots, and the next time i entered the game the tutorial didn’t appear! So i’ll try to be as clear as possible:
In the part in that the tutorial teaches you how to create factories, you’re forced to create one, however, if i click the create button without creating a factory (Because of that you need to insert a name and type to create one)
the tutorial goes to the next step just because of that i clicked create.
Also the same thing happens in the Military part of the tutorial, if don’t create any army, and train DROPDOWN to have soldiers the tutorial just continues, as if nothing strang had happened. I hope i was clear enough, if not please ask me and i will explain it better.
And again, the Investigations bug
So, it is as simple as this:
RobloxScreenShot20220611_122332957 (2)
You shouldn’t be able to have Army improvements 2 before Army Improvements 1, would be nice if it gets fixed.

Possible Improvements!
I have got a pretty nice idea thanks to the General:
Captura de pantalla (37)
Maybe adding an soldier training zone, and that the General trains the soldiers while they are doing soldier training and exercices! Would fit perfectly for the game.
Improvement on the investigations Ui
I saw that the Investigations Ui lacks of some things,explanation of what the investigations give you, and also it has a bug.
It could be greatly improved if you had something like this:
When hovering the arrow over the upgrade, an Ui with information about it appears.
Soldier march improvements
Just a little recommendation, maybe instead of making them appear and dissappear the doors could open when they are close enough letting them pass, and then they would continue walking around of the camp.

That is everything i can help with in this update!
The game is getting better with every update, continue like this and the results will be awesome! Goodluck! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks alot for checking the game out once again and dedicating some time to help us. The thing with the allied factory is because they were factories in the territory of the nation that you gained them from. The tutorial was resetted today because I made some improvements however it should save from now. The general glitch was pretty hilarious, I’ve been trying to fix it since the parades were added but it is due to a client-server bug that I am constantly trying to fix. I will for sure fix the glitch that you reported in the Training tab in the next snapshot. The investigation glitch will be fixed in the new snapshot along with the new updates! As a reward for giving us feedback and suggestions I will promote you to Contributor in our Group.

1 Like

New snapshot released!

Thanks to your feedbacks we were able to fix alot of glitches! One of the most important feedback was given by @Cristinoboga. Check out the log for more info!

22m12n

With the release of this snapshot the following features and fixes were introduced:

• Fixed the research UI glitch.
  • Changed the Troops text in the Training tab to “CHANGE REGIMENT” to make it more clear.
  • Improved the tutorial with more checks.
  • Added more informations when you hover a research.
  • Minor bugs fixes.

You guys may continue to test the game while we develop it and give us any sort of feedback or criticism. Remember that once we finish updating the game and it comes to a stable beta we will close this thread and post the devlog.

Also if you wanna be tagged when new update come out just say “Tag me please” in your post.

1 Like

Hello there, i couldn’t find as much bugs as in past updates, which means you are doing great!
But still, i found some bugs and in advise, i need to tell im quite busy right now so this reply will not contain as much info or ideas as other replies.

Bugs
Another Ui bug
This Ui bug was quite strange:

As you can see in this image, there was an button which said “Finalize” in my screen. And for some reason it disappeared after i finished creating a brigade.
Material Bug?
Well, i was just exploring the map and found this:
Captura de pantalla (47)
In that exact part of the map if you look there without moving the camera, you can see a line of grass instead of the floor, but if you change the angle of the camera it changes to the floor’s material again.

Yeah sorry as i already said im busy right now and don’t have much time to waste here but luckily i was still able to find those bugs and report them to you.
You are doing great, keep it up. :happy2:

1 Like

Thanks for replying and helping us once again. The “Finalize” glitch was actually the “HoveringText” (the thingy that pops when you hover a button) and it’s caused because now instead of making it invisible the Nation basics panel destroyes when you finish creating the nation. I will have a look into it and fix the Material Bug. Thanks for answering.

Also with the next snapshot 22o13p and the release of 0.1.9 and so the completition of 0.1.0 we will close this thread and create a Billboard post regarding the updates.

I’ve played this game and I do like how it’s coming along, one thing I’m not fond of is the fog though.

I find it a bit lazy to completely cover the map with fog to avoid seeing the other areas of the map, such as the parade area. I’d suggest scrapping the fog - or reducing it - and adding a background to the area. It could be hills or buildings, whatever you find best.

This is just my personal opinion, I really like how everything is coming along & I look forward to seeing this in its later stages.

1 Like

Thanks for answering and giving us feedback. The parade area gets spawned when the player starts it and the fog was there to cover the unused areas. We will try to improve that as soon as possible.

Last update before Beta release.

The game will recive one last update which will include the following features before entering the Beta phase.

• City: building your own city, houses, commercial buildings, etc…
  • Big City Gamepass: you will be given Building Tools to create your own building of your choice, commercial, military, house, mall, you choose!
  • Stats Update which will include: money addition for creating your city. (even with the Big City gamepass every part will cost you some money.)
  • Major bugs fixes.

This release should be released in a few days / weeks but meanwhile we are still looking for peoples to give us feedback so don’t stop trying out the game.

Keeping the post alive. (characters)

Bumping topics without updates are against the rules. Please don’t bump it till you have actual progress to show.

1 Like

We are updating the game, but it’s taking us a bit of time so, as there are some supporters we want to make sure to keep the post alive. Thanks for letting me know tho.

Potential: The Beta Release

Hello fellow developers! We finnally did it, we released today, Wednesday 29th June 2022, the Beta Version of Potential, it was a really hard work but we finnally did it. This post will be closed but you guys may utilize the same link to test the game and give us feedback directly in this post. As soon as I release the Update Log I will include it in this post.

[EDIT] As promised here is the Update Log

Thanks for everyone supporting us along the way, and I want
to thank specially @Cristinoboga and @EffilnuC for begin the
most active and helpful testers.

1 Like

Hello there!
I’m glad to see this game is finally on a Beta!, Sooo, i’m gonna give all the feedback i can.
I like everything new in this update, but there are some things which can get better with a little bit of improvement.
Let’s start off with something funny i was able to find:
Soldier NPC’s getting stuck
I laughed so hard when i saw this:

Yeah, i know, you may not be able to see what’s the problem here, but if you stare at the gate Very closely, you will realize there is a soldier stuck with his face in the gate. The story of this is that there was a little troop of soldiers which were climbing up the gate,but this man tripped and wasn’t able to climb again.
Pop Ups messing with tutorial
So, in resume, the Pop Ups that appear so you can decide what to choose can override the other Ui’s like the military ones for example, kinda annoying in the tutorial, and also making another issues:

As we all already know, the tutorial guides you and helps you learn about everything in the game, but these Pop-Ups can appear while you’re doing the tutorial, and (Even tough i’m not one of them) there are players that wouldn’t understand what to choose or what to do,because the tutorial is not telling them anything about what to choose or how to choose something.
A great fix to this would be to make the tutorial also teach about the pop-ups and that they can ONLY start appearing when the tutorial starts teaching you about them.
UI Text sometimes going outside of the borders
I don’t have any images of this happening because it doesn’t give me time to take the screenshot, but basically, when you do anything that makes text appear in the screen like “Got 250 money!” half or more of it can go outside of the borders of the screen, and can’t been read completely. Just consider it as “Text going out of the screen”
A lot of the Pop-Ups being able to stack causes trouble

As you can read, the Pop-Up says: “Border diplomacy”
But the options are from another Pop-Up, this happens because they are stacking a lot, as you can also see the options to select repeated over and over again.

Some Building bugs
Everything is nice with the building system, to be honest, i like it,however, there are some issues/thing that need improvement which are the ones you’re about to see:
Rotation bug in buildings
When i try rotating a building by pressing “R” it rotates, but sometimes, it glitches out and doesn’t rotate, or returns to its original rotation after i move it.

Well. That’s all for now!
Once again, i wish you good luck with the game and hope the Beta is gonna turn out well.
Good luck and keep it up! :grinning:

Thanks alot for replying! I will fix as soon as possible the Ui Notifications that mess with the tutorial because It’s really disturbing, and I will fix the soldier spawns, maybe I’ll move them a bit closer so they dont get stuck in the gate. The UI begin able to stack is really sus, cause I fixed it two times and it still does it, welp, I will take a look in the code again. The Rotation is one of my major pains, it snaps to the rotation of the Cell that you are placing the building to thats why when you put it in another position it returns to the original rotation. Thanks for giving us feedback and helping us improving our game!

1 Like