Feedback on a pizza place

There’s a game that I abandoned that I recently decided to come back to. It’s a horror game, and when I came back, there wasn’t much done, so I set to work building as much as I could before scripting, because building, for me, is my weakness. This pizza place is important to the game and where the game takes place. Therefore, I would like it to be as nice as possible. Here are some photos of what I have so far:

I’m sorry if the pictures aren’t very good, the trees got in the way. Building isn’t my strong spot, so I decided I’d come here to get feedback.

Please note that the interior isn’t finished, I’m only looking for feedback on the exterior.

Thank you!

9 Likes

The red brick walls and the layout of the building looks good enough. Some things you can improve upon:

• Roads leading to the building.
  • A parking lot in front of the gate since it looks like a big restaurant.
  • You don’t need so many trees. Also, instead of surrounding the entire place with trees, you should make them spaced further apart, and don’t line them up in a row; it’s unrealistic.
  • Make some of the trees taller than the others, to give a more realistic feel to it.
  • As it’s a horror game, I suggest you play around with the lighting and the skyboxes to make it more spooky.
4 Likes

The building is poorly made, It’s mostly decals (I think) and the simple parts, The walls are 1-3 parts used and you used one material for the walls, I can’t tell if you used a 3D text to model maker for the name of the Restaurant, what I’d recommend is changing the material to Neon to add a neon sign effect. You could add a parking lot and a pathway to the Pizzeria, could you provide images inside the build so I can make some recommendations on the interior.

1 Like

Wow, I like the place, I suggest a bushes, seats, lights :slight_smile:

The only decal I used was for the name of the restaurant, and as I said, I’m only looking for feedback on the exterior, as I’m not finished with the interior. I was thinking about adding a parking lot and some roads, I haven’t gotten around to that yet. The neon sign is a good idea, I think I will change that.

Bushes are a good idea, but I’m not really sure about putting seats outside. If by lights you mean the interior, I just haven’t done that yet.

When the player first sees the pizza place, it’s pitch black with fog. I just have it set to middle day so I can see easier. A parking lot sounds good, I’m probably going to add that. The pizza place is supposed to be in the middle of a forest, hence the trees. I can’t find a good way to not line them up in a row, but I’ll look into it. Making the trees different heights is a good idea, I’ll implement that.

I think it looks good, since pizza places don’t really look complex in the first place. Sometimes simplicity is better!

1 Like

It looks good! I would add more depth to the exterior walls and a bit more detail.

For your trees I would try the brush tool to make them look less linear.

1 Like

The building is very low detailed. I personally think that you should use other kind of textures for the walls and not just bricks. I recommend you use a good decal brick instead of the one Roblox has. The floor also does not look very good in my opinion, it looks like a picnic carpet. So I recommend redoing the floor with a better pattern that isn’t very distracting. The windows also could use more details.

I recommend having more variations in the walls instead of just a box-like building.

Wow the place looks very nice good job!

1 Like

Lights I have yet to add, and I will once I get around to doin the interior, but I’m not sure about stairs, since it’s just meant to be a simple pizza place.

I have a problem in my building where I make things too big and then just have huge empty spaces, so this time I have everything in the building planned out, so I won’t make that mistake again. If I do end up needing more space, I’ll do variations. But this is just meant to be simple. If this isn’t what you meant, please specify.

Detail is where I hit a wall. Do you have any ideas to spruce it up?

I’ll try to see if I can find some better textures, but for now, I think I’m fine with the way it looks. Actually, a lot of classic pizza places have the same checkerboard pattern as I have. I guess it might be a little too bright for your liking, maybe I can taper that down. I don’t know what you mean by giving the windows more details, as they look normal to me.

Just adding some stuff to make the wall look less flat, the canopies on the windows was a good start but maybe adding some trim to them as well and adding trim to the door would add a good amount of detail

1 Like

Did an excellent job here! But try and not add that much trees around the building.