Feedback on a Recreation of a cartoon house!

Hello! I am trying to challenge my self in building and I wanted to recreate a house from a tv show called American Dad, I like the show so I thought why not! I would like some feedback please, thank you!

image_2022-07-29_155300239

7 Likes

That looks very accurate to the cartoon!

If it is all in a model place a highlight into it and change the fill colour transparency to 0 and the outline colour to black, I really wanna see it haha

3 Likes

Is this what you were going for? I don’t really know how to use highlights that well.
These are the properties

1 Like

It looks really similar to the cartoon as said by Lucas
You can add a chimney as you missed that out and probably match up the colours of the Garage “top” and “bottom.”
Else you have done an good job!

2 Likes

Thank you! I just noticed that the colours of the garage aren’t the same and that I forgot the chimney lol.

You need to set the fill transparency to 1 :grin:

2 Likes

I tried this but the outline was broken, the outline transparency was at 0 too but it didn’t show up. Is this the same with you?

Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 17.35.00
This is what the hierarchy should look like.

2 Likes

Yeah I did exactly that, is the outline working for you?

Yes, could you send me a picture of the house + explorer?

2 Likes

huh I don’t understand why that doesn’t work, you don’t have to but if could send me the file I could try and get it to work

1 Like

I could try figure it out my self, if I get it to work I’ll try to show you

wait put the highlight in workspace I think it might work

1 Like

No I tried that already, no outline there unfortunately.

1 Like

I found a free model of the American dad house and the outline works really nice on it, shame it doesn’t work on your though as your model is 10x better.

1 Like

That’s quite unfortunate, the outline would of probably looked really good on my one.

Wanted to fix the house up a little bit, noticing some imperfections on the house like missing details and etc etc. Updated pictures below

1 Like

Very nice, I like it. You should try to fix the noticable outline though of the 2 wedges on the garage entrance. Besides this though very well done!

1 Like

Yeah I can’t really fix that the problem because of “funny roblox sizing” but thank you for the feedback!