Feedback on a Snowy Night Map, Building and Atmosphere

First time trying out a snowy night atmosphere, so I’ll need feedback on how it looks. I don’t know whether it’s too dark or too blue, as both of my monitors have different scales of hue. Is the lighting suitable for a WWII FPS map?

As for the trees, we went with some low-poly evergreens to match the Ardennes whilst also keeping optimization. Does it fit well?

All feedback helps :slight_smile:

30 Likes

I really have nothing to say… Its phenomenal! Great work!

3 Likes

Thank you! Should I make it a bit brighter?

3 Likes

Does this use the Atmosphere object, or are you using FogEnd/FogStart? I’ve tried to make silhouettes in the background but I couldn’t really achieve that with Atmosphere. Just curious how you did it.

Also I know you didn’t ask me specifically but I wouldn’t make it lighter. Just give the player a light source like a lantern or flashlight maybe.

2 Likes

I’m using the atmosphere properties, if you want to change the properties of silhouettes in the background, change the offset and density.

Also, the game is intended for an FPS, so light sources are only static as of right now.

1 Like

I don’t know if you intend to but maybe add an actual snowing effect
Also maybe make the moon a little bit bigger

This looks great, everything fits well! :grinning:

3 Likes

First of all, this is amazing!
I rly like how u used the atmosphere properties to create the fog effect. Overall a great build!

But why is the lamp not lighting up the crate? It lights up the ground fairly well so it kinda felt weird that’s why i pointed it out…

3 Likes

I’m speechless… I can’t believe something so beautiful could be made. I love the snowy/winter theme.

2 Likes

rainybora loves winter stuff, i thought he loved fire stuff… SCAM

3 Likes

The crate is a dark brown, so hence why it doesn’t light it up enough, I’ll probably increase the brightness of the lamp now thinking about it.

2 Likes

Not fps. This is way too good for an fps. This map is perfect for a horror game. Example: you live in the woods and have to hunt and gather resources to stay alive and keep your cabin in good shape. All while getting hunt by monsters. My suggestion is scps, there are many scps that will work perfectly for this.

2 Likes

When The Lighting Is Actually Good :triumph:

Detail is good, lighting is good, atmosphere is excellent. Only suggestions I would have are to switch from ShadowMap to Future for the lanterns, and to swap the trees for proper textured models.

2 Likes

their is nothing at all that you need to change its perfect how long did it take you and did you use roblox studio or blender

2 Likes

Took me about a week or so?

And I used Roblox studio, there are some assets in which some of my blender friends made for me: (trees, logs, trunks, and sandbags).

1 Like

I love what you did with the leaves, overall this look absolutely amazing.

The only thing I noticed is that I don’t see any cables on the power lines, is that just on the photo or did you forget to add them?

2 Likes

Planning to add them later, a bit too lazy to do constraints haha

2 Likes

Phenomenal! The environment really looks like this was taken during a harsh storm. The one thing I will say , is that you should improve the buildings in 3rd photo, they seem bland and Un-detailed compared to everything else. Other than that, this is amazing!

2 Likes

I’m confused, there’s no buildings in any of the photos. Are you referring to the hale bales? (those circular things with cloth over them)

1 Like

Ohh, I’m so sorry, I thought they were buildings. My mistake!

2 Likes

This is great work that you have done! It really feels like it’s winter but in Roblox. Is this a showcase build you are working on or is it for a game of yours?

1 Like