Feedback on a song I made

I am new to sound composing and I wanted to give it a go. Please give me some feedback on this song I made. It is a bit dark themed. Here is Mixed Worlds.

In my opinion, for a one-minute song the fade-in part seems a little too long. The general idea is good, but it seems a little empty for the most part.

The song sounds nice for all other aspects of it (perhaps it could be a little longer though), what are you planning to use this for?

1 Like

I am not sure what to use it for. Maybe a horror game or cutscene.

Yes! I will probably make it longer and I see what you mean by empty.

Thank you for the feedback!

It has the feel of a song where the listener is expected to be confused. I think the concept is good.

2 Likes

I made the song longer!

2 Likes

That’s a lot better! I feel like something should be in the background after around 1:10, since when the “lead beat” stops, you just hear nothing.

You should update the original post with this one, by the way.

1 Like

Tbh for horror games simplicity is sometimes way more effective, lots of professional games like silent hill etc just use weird ambience and droning sounds during gameplay…so for during gameplay I would be tempted just to use the 30 second intro from the first one on loop if your in a more safe area. and maybe part of the breakdown of the second one if your in a dangerous zone.
Then use the cool extended version for menus and cutscenes…
But yeah amazing stuff keep it up…
Also what gear are you using?

1 Like