Feedback on a song I'm working on

I wanted to put this out there. It’s not made for anything but myself, but I wanted to share this because I want to put these types of compositions out here and get feedback from it because I’m looking to get hired on Roblox.

I know it’s definitely not done yet, but I’d like to see what people think of it, and also get what issues they may have with the mixing, fullness, structure, what they’d like to add etc. and also just in general about what you think about the vibes of this song. It’s very electronic and busy, and I’d like to improve this soon.

Thanks!

19 Likes

I admire the thoughtful progression of the music. The different sounds and instrumentals fit well together, and the pitching changes occur at the right times.

In my opinion, the beginning sounds rather static; however, that could be intentional.

Otherwise, it’s excellent. It falls under one of my favorite genres, so I’m definitely a fan.

7 Likes

the only thing that’s bothering me is the melody for the first half’s keys so i’d have to say i like second half at lot more
i enjoyed listening to this and the intro surprised me
i could see this in a trailer

5 Likes

Its great, has a nice old gaming console vibe. And its very catchy. The one thing I noticed is in the intro the high frequencies are a bit rough, maybe just a slight low pass on that maybe a bit of a cut around 18khz.

Just a creative idea, i think it would sound cool if you added some reverb to the snare just on the 4th beat when transitioning sections. Dont be afraid of drum reverb but be careful. It will really help level up your music.

5 Likes

it’s awesome! the beginning of the song is kinda rough though like @kbcubezz said

6 Likes

This is really good, but it seems to stagnate a little bit. I think something you could do to fix this is by adding ornaments/riffs or other embellishments over the repetitive parts. Other than that, nice job!

5 Likes

Pretty nice music. All I can say that I thought was a little off was the first 10 seconds sounded too uninteresting. Give it a little more variety of sounds. Overall, it sounds great.

3 Likes

Great track!

I think adding some risers and impacts will really bring it to the next level.

For example, starting with an impact right at the beginning will make that opening part much less dry. And then risers up to each new section will give your listener the cue that something new is coming.

Keep up the great work! Making good sounding music is HARD!

OffGridDude, from Audioscape.

2 Likes

Me casually listening to this song. THIS IS SO GOOD. Really nice job on this, definitely my kind music.

2 Likes

There is heavy sibilance in this work, with 4-10kHz being the offending frequencies from the snares and claps. Do I hear sidechain in this or am I imagining it? Good headroom though that can work sufficiently.

Artistically, it is a busy sound that works in stressful situations too.

1 Like