Feedback on Ak-47 inspired gun

7 Likes

Its looking real nice, it seems like you are going for a more futuristic approach with your gun, rather than a realistic modern day look. The design feels a little cartoonish, is that intended?

I was going for a sci-fi style. It’s my first time making a gun model without a reference. And no, I wasn’t going for a cartoony look, but I can see how the proportions would have made it that way.

Very nice, for a first time without a reference you’ve done a cracking good job.

1 Like

Looks quite good for your first time without references.
Did you use subdivision modifier because that looks way too smooth without one(if so you should bake normal map to get rid of the high count of tris)

I can see the sci fi looks great

1 Like

It does look great!

Only things:

• The ammo charger is the wrong way, from what I know every rifle has it the other way
  • Why is there a chain attached to the end of the muzzle?

?

1 Like

Been addressed, they were going for a sci-fi theme.

By ammo charger I assume you mean charging handle, the Ak-47 has the charging handle mounted on the right-hand side of the gun.

It might be difficult to see from this angle, but the chain is attached to a decorative object, similar to the “gun buddy’s” in Valorant.

I can see the charging handle now being hooded, I’m not an expert of guns so :sweat_smile:

Also thanks for correcting me!

And I was just curious about the chain, thanks!

1 Like