Feedback on Alert UI system

Hey guys, I felt like I should probably leak a little bit of what I’m currently working on as a passion project.
I’m aiming to create a first-person spaceflight simulator, similar to Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen, since most (if not all) space simulator games on Roblox don’t fit this style of gameplay.

I just finished the (quite basic as of now) Alert UI system for the Flight UI. It’ll show things like module damage warnings, shield warnings, environment warnings, etc.
Here’s a clip of all the current alert levels. Sorry for the horrible quality, I’m too impatient to finish work on everything else for the next update to the game.

I’m still looking for better sounds, so if you have any, that would be great! If not, I’d still like some general feedback on it, and I’m sorry if you don’t have enough information for that. The rest of the UI needs to be re-done to fit its style, so this is all I can give you.

I might also showcase the pause menu I created a while back when I add more settings c:

3 Likes

The UI fits your theme perfectly, even without reading the actual post before watching the video I could tell that it was some type of game put in space and about spaceships. That is what you want, your users to be able to tell what the game’s theme is just by the UI, so great job on that. I think the UI also looks pretty clean.

Will this pop up in the middle of the screen, in one of the corners, or at the top of the screen? I ask this because if your game has a lot of these warnings showing up it might annoy some players. I have nothing else to say, nice job! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I have this UI placed in the top centre of the screen, just like Elite: Dangerous. I AM trying to avoid copying Elite with the UI layout, but figuring out what and where to put things is a little hard for me. But I bet I can manage it.
I’m still yet to add queueing so that multiple alerts don’t show over each other, but that’ll be easy.
I really think this isn’t showing enough of the game though (it did take only ~2 hours of effort), so I’ll try and implement more settings types, and then make a new topic showcasing the pause menu. That’s the thing I’m more proud of, lol.

1 Like

This Alert UI system looks VERY GOOD! NICE JOB ON IT!

1 Like