Feedback on an obby me and a friend are building

I never really post on the Developer Forum, but I wanted to get some perspectives from others here on things I could do to improve the playability of the game or boost its audience.

We did try to add some unique touches with interactive stages that shoot rockets at you or you use a tool to interact with the obstacles.

I am currently running three ads of each type (and a sponsorship) and the click rate isn’t really great, but we only bid a couple hundred Robux in.

Here are the ads we are running currently, quickly made.

Seems like we are getting more favorites and have an okay ratio for the likes to dislikes.

We’ve got about 50 stages right now but we were also wondering if that’s kind of on the low end for an obby. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, I love it. That actually looks so good it just takes me right back to 2010 when I was first starting on this platform. Nice work dude.

1 Like

Just finished playing, looks and plays nice so far.

Some critiques:

• The UI is a little inconsistent. I’m sure you guys were going for a nostalgic feel with this as well, but some stuff like the Skip Stage button feels modern.

• There’s a game pass that requires the player to rejoin once they purchase it. I would HIGHLY recommend not doing this.

• The character death sound is something the player is going to hear often in this game. The game uses the new one Roblox recently implemented… I’m sure you know where I’m going with this lol.

• Not sure if this is just a placeholder, but the game logo doesn’t have any correlation with the game itself. The audience you’re trying to target is a little older and have been on the platform for some time now. It wouldn’t appeal to them at all.

1 Like

All of those are good notes. Thank you.

• The icon was one of my concerns for sure. We thought it might target a younger audience which plays obby games, but I think we can do better with something like this.

• I just realized our Shop did not immediately provide me an item after purchase (or update the “owned” label) like it used to - definitely a bug there I need to look at. I was also considering moving away from Adonis for the gamepass that did have you rejoin.

• Can we actually use the old death sound or emulate it? I didn’t think about that actually.

You actually can edit the death sound by editing the RbxCharacterSounds script that automatically goes into PlayerScripts. I’m just unsure about the copyright side of it.

local SOUND_DATA : { [string]: {[string]: any}} = {
	Died = {
		SoundId = "rbxasset://sounds/uuhhh.mp3", -- // Edit here
	},
}

Perfect. I did find an uploaded audio with the old sound- I’m more unsure about using it for the reasons that it was removed like you said, but it would be a good addition :slight_smile:

I also looked into fixing any of our gamepasses that “required” rejoin. None of them do anymore.

1 Like

You can buy the oof sound from the creator for $10 then you will own it and upload it and have proof of purchase if ever asked about it.

The $10 pack comes with 100 sounds total.

1 Like

Yep! This is exactly what we did. :slight_smile: