Feedback on an old-ish generator model

Hey people.

I’ve been looking around my old models and wanted to improve a little bit by taking feedback 'cause I never really was criticized on it. I’ll only provide one model because it’s the most complex one out of all the other ones.

So please, criticize it as much as possible.

Note: This was made with Roblox Studio only and I’m not planning to use anything else on this model.

10 Likes

I’m probably not the best person to tell you how to make it better because I’m a programmer not a builder, but it looks REALLY GOOD to me! I wouldn’t think you would need to change anything.

1 Like

It’s very good, even if I’m not the best person to say it…
A suggestion, use this model in areas of the map with an abandoned appearance.

1 Like

Thank you! You don’t have to be a professional to give feedback haha!

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! As of now it’s only a showcase and I’m not planning on putting this in any game ATM because it would completely lag the game due to its high amount of parts, lol.

@Pruphet can be try to make an union a good idea to reduce the lag? I’m asking because i’m not a professional builder…

1 Like

If I would insert it into a game, making it a union will not help. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t reduce the lag, it’s also combining all the colours and materials into one and unions completely ruin the hitbox so I try to use them less. But thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Oh, ok. I want to help you! :grinning:

Try to select all the parts and export them and then insert a MeshPart in the Workspace and upload the selection you’ve exported before.

Creating a MeshPart will not mix the colors.

1 Like

Wow this looks really really good. How long did it take you to do it?

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I actually didn’t know I could do that! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks! It took me about 12-15 hours in total.

By the way, converting parts of the same material and colour into meshes will significantly reduce lag. In a fairly recent test, I managed to cut lag by 50-75% by doing this to a heavily detailed streetlight I had.

1 Like

I like it a lot. You have done a fine job on this generator and it looks intriguing. Well done on your construction.

1 Like

Alright! I’ll try doing that on my next projects! Thanks for the tip!

Thanks! It’s indeed intriguing haha.