Feedback on armor

Just a few armors I made for a game. I’m new to blender so I’m not really good at the moment. Any feedback is appreciated.

8 Likes

It looks alright. However, the armor looks like it’s part of the player’s skin instead of covering it.

It should be covering this.
For a reference, look down. Unless you’ve had both your legs amputated, in which case I’m sorry.

3 Likes

They look pretty cool!
I think the fire armour should be significantly reduced though and also have a collar.

Rather than a large light source, perhaps just a thin slice of neon that steaks across the armour?

Anyhow. Nice work.

3 Likes

The invisible armor is sick! I would wear nothing else!

Fits the low poly characters you are using. I agree with not using so much neon for fire. You got the modelling chops, maybe try some particle emitters for the flames.

9/10, would play!

3 Likes

For someone who failed to use blender THOSE ARMORS ARE SICK and would play it but it looks like its a skin instead of armor but could definetely work and for the Lava armor put a particle emitter that"d look cool

2 Likes

Yeah i kind of did it lazy and just changed the color of certain body parts. Ill actually make it look like hes wearing armor next time.

2 Likes

That looks awesome! Something like that is def something i am going to have to try.

1 Like

Thank you! Particles sound like a good idea actually, ill have to throw some in and see how it looks.

1 Like

I’ve always hated Rthro unless used correctly. This is precisely how to use it! :grin:

The only qualm I have with the design is how the regular clothing looks. It seems you just retextured the skin instead of actually making the leg parts fully coherent here:

1 Like

Yeah i was lazy and just changed the color of the skin instead of actually adding armor on top of limbs, i thought it would blend well but it didnt lol

1 Like