Feedback on Background Music

I am creating a song to use as some sort of background music for a game I’ve been working on. The song itself is around 1 minute and 40 seconds long and in the key of A minor. The song is inspired by old Nintendo games.

The song is structured:
Intro
Section A
Section B
Section C (Trumpet Solo)
Section A
Section B
Outro

The song can be listened to here:

May I get any sort of feedback from fellow composers, or anyone at all? That would be greatly appreciated. The song is far from done and community help would bring make the song better in my opinion.

15 Likes

It definitely has the vibe of something arcade-style, so you’ve nailed the feel of the piece.
Aside from that, I have nothing really specific to say; no faults I can hear. It’s an engaging track!

2 Likes

I’m no musician, but it’s slightly repetitive — Section B, for example.

I think the music itself is lovely. Good luck!

1 Like

I’ll be sure to add an extra instrument to the secold half of Section B to differ it from the first half both times Section B plays. Thank you!

What software do you use to make these?

I use 2 softwares and a Novation Launchkey 49. For drums I use FL Studio, for everything else I use Ableton and put them in through my launchkey. I use old video game sample packs, around 20 dollars each. I also compose and arrange the song by hand.

2 Likes

It definitely sounds like it’s inspired by old Nintendo games, good job on that. It’s a great piece.

1 Like

Builds up a little too fast but still a bop. :+1: