Feedback on Build of Anakin's Skywalkers Lightsaber

Any advice for this lightsaber? I’m not the best builder nor am I the worst. I sort of frankensteined the base of the lightsaber together by selecting parts from existing models of the lightsaber and then altered the details of pretty much all of the parts to be more accurate. Although in some parts I had to completely tear apart the unions and make them in a different way and in others I had to make them completely from scratch.

Also, I plan on switching the material from SmoothPlastic to Metal when I can. I’ll post the images of that when completed.

As far as I know it’s one of the most accurate representations of Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber on this platform.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 10.39.58 AM
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 10.37.53 AM
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 10.38.09 AM
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 10.39.30 AM
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 10.43.15 AM

12 Likes

Is it a whole mesh or parts?If it is a mesh pls use pbr.

It’s made of unions, so parts. Although I could probably export it to blender and convert it to a mesh.

U must export it as mesh and make pbr for it

Noted. However, I’m not much of a modeler and more of a builder, so are there any helpful tutorials you know of for creating pbr textures for the specific geometry of a mesh?

Do your have substance painter?

no you don’t need to do all that you can just texture it normally or you don’t really even need to texture it and pbr textures can get laggy fast

Pbr have very little affect to performance. It can be the downloading time which might be affected if u dont have good net.

it look’s good why are you saying use pbr textures

your texturing isn’t great, the button sticks out too much, and you should really try out modelling software. something just feels off about this.

1 Like

Uhh… which button? You’re going to have to be a bit more descriptive.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 1.57.22 PM
that button

Sorry that I didn’t update this, I’ve had other stuff going on. Thank you for the feedback everyone. Particularly @nanosph and @IceTheOneAndOnly. I have not completed it yet, but after trying to do what @lieliedash2 said (thanks for your input though), it did not turn out the way I’d hoped:
Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 9.06.06 AM
However, after setting up a simple cylinder meshpart with a SurfaceAppearance side-by-side with a normal cylinder with metal material
Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 9.09.38 AM
Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 9.10.20 AM

I have decided to go for the pbr texture. Not only is it a smoother reflectance, but I will have more control over it in the long run. I’ll update this post in a few hours once I have made the necessary adjustments.

Edit: Nevermind, it will most likely be tomorrow until I can complete this.

1 Like

Thanks for taking my advise for PBR! You can use it for star wars game. Try to make some star wars characters.

I’ve already begun making a star wars inspired droid that the player can control. It’s designed after BD-1 from Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

It’s been put on hold, however, because I ran into a problem implementing inverse-kinematics, got frustrated, and decided to put it on hold until I understood it better.
Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 9.51.58 AM

1 Like

You can hire scripters for inverse kenamatic

Yes, but I am a scripter. I just didn’t fully understand the math at that time, but I do now. The problem isn’t implementing inverse-kinematics, I’ve already done that. It’s creating a dynamic walk animation while also using inverse kinematics while also making it look smooth. I have just never scripted animations before so it’s a bit new to me.

Alright, it is complete. It’s not the best it could be but it’s the best I could do.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.08.31 AM
Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.08.45 AM
Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.09.06 AM

2 Likes