Feedback on building style pointed towards a <13 audience

Hello builders,

If you were pretty young and still liked to play RP type games. Would you play a game with a building style like this? Would this attract you to the game?

I plan to add another tree model and eventually start development on a full map, but I wanna know what people think about the style first before I start creating.

Calling all builders!

9 Likes

Feedback

Personally I would; however, I have taken into account that you have specifically designed this for a <13 audience. Of course, the majority of the Roblox Community are <13 with most 13+ either being veterans or part-time developers. However, analysing the current trend the most predominant games have taken, I believe that an art style such as cartoon (of which is the building style I presume you have taken) will be highly effective in the competitive run. However, I am only taking into account from one perspective. Observing role-playing games in general, they have recently declined in popularity and the most dominant genre currently are simulator type games, of which also mostly take on a cartoon approach of building style. Despite this, I believe that due to the originality of such, I believe this may have a chance in the competitive run. I believe because of the scarcity of cartoon role-playing games and, of course, observing the increase in popularity in the building style in general, I think that this may appeal to many individuals as something new. I could ramble on and on about what you could do to appeal audiences though that would go off-topic (if you’re interested, message me). Either way, good luck in your carrier.

<13 Audiences

Acknowledge their age. Rarely you find one that is mature enough to appreciate the amount of work that goes into individual builds or games; for example, you may have an incredibly detailed and well-made games such as Wanted or Fantastic Frontier and they might not do as well in the long run. Try not to over-complicate it as young people often possess low resilience to prevail in games such as Fantastic Frontier or Wanted. In this I urge you to, if you were to make this, make this simple and comprehensive. Make it appealing to the eye with wondrously bright colours such as Adventure Story. Adopt Me, in the end blew up because of that fact that it was easy. Usually, people do not even role-play and just “pay2win” with these legendary items. Of course, if there’s a lot of people in something, you’ll want to be better in that trending something. Not that I am not saying all people who play Adopt Me are such and some do actually role-play. Though if you want that dedication such as the Kingdom Life Community, then you’ll will have to re-consider many things. Adopt Me is normally regarded as “casual” compared to other games that some critics name “a real role-play game”.

Oh yes, that too. A major factor.

5 Likes

It looks like an simulator typed game,the window of the little house is very bright,but the builds look cool,they would push an attraction of me.

2 Likes

What about Adopt Me, and games like Island Life Paradise? Those 2 games completely blew up. Especially Adopt Me getting the world record for the most concurrent players sitting at about half a million at once.

1 Like

I added more input in my first post, to keep things short.

1 Like

Island Life Paradise probably only got famous because of the UGT and the youtubers,Adopt Me,its also because of many youtubers,and probably,most of the <13 kids play it,also KonekoKitten made a video about the “sad history” behind Adopt Me,but i dont think this would affect that much.

1 Like