Feedback on Builds

Hi, I’ve begun actually building on Roblox - primarily simple architecture. (I’m hoping this is the right thread to post this on) Some of my friends have given me tips but I also want to receive some honest feedback and advice on a more public scale to further my growth. I apologize if some of the images are low resolution, I’m not the best at that.
I’m attempting to go with a low-detail style that doesn’t focus on realism but on optimization and mostly cartoony elements.

Thank you for all feedback and advice!
~scarf_panda

18 Likes

Yes it is :slightly_smiling_face:

I think your builds are pretty good, you demonstrate some good building skills.

I think you should try to pick better colors, for example on the purple house and the pyramid. The purple house is missing a chimney!

Just a small tip: I would have used the ankh symbol, since it was often used in the ancient egypt your build your decision. This is how it looks:

svg

Thats all I got. I think youre doing good so far, but you can always improve!

Here is a topic that might be helpful: Low-Polying Tutorial for Beginners: Low-Poly Basics

2 Likes

I like the look of your builds, they are very well done and look rather clean. I would definitely agree that these builds meet the specification you have given. They remind me slightly of some of my own builds.

One thing I would work on is the shape of your builds.
As you can see, I am unable to view the wall clearly farthest from the right-hand side within the first image. You should make sure all parts of the build are visible

Within the second image you present, the second floor walls have flawed execution (unless this is intentional) and don’t align with each other. I would slightly rework this so that all of the walls join up together to make the build more streamlined.

I would probably tone down the colour on the building in the third picture using the Colour3 scale to make it lighter, and for the fourth picture, I would use some of the feedback that @ExistingDragon has already provided.

2 Likes

Builds look pretty good. I think the style is nice and simple. Maybe focus on adding some more exterior details like sidewalks and trees.

1 Like

The buildings look good and I have a suggestion if you have nights in your game you can make your windows neon yellow/white because I see that in a lot of games, and it looks really cool. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I’ll try that.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll look through that tutorial later today

1 Like

Your build looks very well done, like all the different details you added to each of them. And you really took your time, to make a low detail. Style they look quite clean And you did some good building skills to it.

And on the first image, i see that the part you added cross the side part looks like you didn’t connect it to the other side. As you can see the part doesn’t look lined with the building, part i’ll fix that a bit more. And maybe add some details such as trees, rocks, bushes,

As well on the third image, you could add another window to the side part. And add (2) more of those lights in the middle top part to give it, a little more detail to it as for the door piece you could add a door knob!!

And for the fourth image, as been said above by @ExistingDragon you could add one of those symbols to the ancient egypt building to. Give a little more decoration to look more decent overall you have done a great job on your build keep up the good work!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips! On the image you quoted, I did intend to have the second floor not aligned to give it an extra layer of detail and not feel like it was just a rectangle. I took inspiration from Loomian Legacy for it, but maybe I tried to hard on it. Thanks for the helpful feedback!

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed feedback! I really appreciate it! I notice multiple people now have mentioned sidewalk and plants being added. I think I’ll try that! It might help me learn some level design a bit to add sidewalk pathing around an area

The curved wooden beams on the back of the purple house do not really look appealing.

Try to keep the wood straight in cases like that, the beams on the corners can be curved though, I think that’d be fine.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll fix it and see what I can do to improve it

This might’ve been mentioned before, but in the first picture the windows seem a little too bright. Maybe dim them slightly?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, they were originally much brighter and practically blinding lol. Maybe it needs to be dampened a bit more. Thanks!

I would prefer that you utilize cylinders more since rounded edges (for roofs) generally give out the vibe of being cartoony.

Nonetheless, it was a great attempt seeing that you are trying to build. Great job!

1 Like